cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find hard drive CS6002

hh7901
Tuning in

Recently I received a new master and mini box to replace my old tired boxes. Everything seemed to be working fine until I went to record a programme and then I got this message 

Can't find hard drive                                CS6002                                                                                     We have found a problem with your hard drive. Your virgin TV box will work, but you won't be able to pause live TV or watch recordings. etc

Seems others may have had similar problems but alas it seems very difficult to speak to anyone at Virgin.

I have also posted a separate message regarding a solid red light on my hub but I don't think the two problems are related but I'm no expert.

Any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ozsat wrote:

Also - I think the internet has to be active for the mini to play back from the main box.

The router needs to be, absolutely.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

ozsat
Superstar

Is this on the main box or the mini?  The main box has to be on to watch recordings on the mini.

Also - I think the internet has to be active for the mini to play back from the main box.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ozsat wrote:

The router needs to be, absolutely.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @hh7901 

Sorry to see you have the CS6002 error.

If that's on the main box then you could try a factory reset, however I don't think it will help in this case, and that you'll need to contact VM Faults (150 from a VM landline or mobile) for a replacement main box. If you do call VM it's best around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

A member of the forum team may pick this up for you in  a day or two.

Try the factory reset as you've nothing to lose.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Normally I would advise selecting Choose Keep Recordings which means you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again), however since you have the "can't find hard drive" message I would try the "Format Disk" option.

CS6002CS6002

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you Ozsat
The same message comes up on both boxes.
Internet is working
hh

thank you newapollo
I'll try the factory reset and see if I have any luck, if not I'll phone
hh

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey hh7901, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to our community. I am sorry to hear you are getting this error code. 

Yes you shouldn't be getting this error, is everything plugged in correctly with no loose wires?

Also can you let me know if you did factory reset it and if that has helped?

If not don't worry just let me know and I will look into this. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

i had that error...VM had to come out and swap the main box, you will loose all recordings, series links and everything else....will be link getting another new box and you have to start again

Thanks to everyone who has kindly offered their help on this problem. 
The result is that VM replaced the box as it was considered to be a faulty hard drive.

Many thanks all

hh

Hi @hh7901,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm glad to hear that we were able to address and resolve the issue for you.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!