cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Not Delete

ami107
Tuning in

Hi All

If anyone can help with this that would be very much appreciated. We had 2 x V6 boxes which were brilliant.On renewal we were persuaded to get the 360 service. We got the remotes and the V6s did their software update to 360. One of the boxes was overheating so Virgin decided to replace both the V6s which were Arris boxes to Humax boxes. They did this and the Humax boxes immediately showed the programs that were in the Saved section on the V6s, but they were only showing them in the indexing and could not have possibly been available because the two Humax boxes had nothing on their harddrives. We tried repeatedly to delete the referencing to the Saved programs from the old Arris V6 boxes but couldn't. Eventually Virgin sent an engineer who said he was going to sort everything out by changing both Humax boxes with one new Humax box and one mini box. He did this and exactly the same thing happened again, that is both the boxes immediately showed the programs that were in the Saved section on the V6s and these are undeletable. The problem is on new recordings that are series linked and associated with the programs that were in the Saved section on the V6s the latest boxes store everything together. This means that recent recordings are mixed up with the programs that were in the Saved section on the V6s that are both unavailable and undeletable. This is a nightmare as we have to shift through dozens of episodes of some programs to see what we can and can't watch. Can anyone help?

Thank you

Ami

30 REPLIES 30

roy247
Community elder

Try deleting the programmes using the TVGO app, this worked for someone with similar problems.

Hi

Tried to use the App on iOS as described but no joy.

Thanks though, very kind of you.

Regards

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ami107, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when attempting to delete the shows from the box. 

When you have attempted this, do you get an error message at all?

Thanks 

Nat

Hi

Thanks you for your reply. If I try and delete any of these (let's call them 'ghost recordings' for now as they do not actually exist on the hard drive) the title greys out for a few seconds and then coems back in bright white letters. If I try and watch one of the 'ghost' recordings I get the error that says 'object is offlin etc...'

As I have had two sets of boxes and still these 'ghost' recordings appear even on a box that never ever had them on its hard drive I can conclude that these programs are associated with my account and not my boxes and the only way to remove them would be to dlete my account. If Virgin can not help me I will have to leave Virgin because it is extremely frustrating to have to go through 60 to 100 recordings to see which one the box will let you watch.

Two engineers have failed to call me back despite their promises. Having previously been a sky customer for 30 years I am very disappointed with the 360 service and it is not fit for purpose as it should be under UK consumer Protection legslation.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I use a V6 so can't comment on the 360-specifics, but these sound like VoD shortcuts (which I believe in 360-land are called "saved")... in which case deleting them via TV Go should be the way to go.

Calling them "ghost recordings" is entirely understandable, but technically they're just shortcuts to VoD that are designed to "look and feel" like recordings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi V.I.P

Thanks for reaching out. Is that the TV go app on ios? Because I downloaded it after someone else suggested it and you can go to delete, then it deletes the 'ghost program' but 2 seconds later it comes back. Please let me know if you have any other ideas that may help and thak you once again.

Regards

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I can advise how the various apps work across the 2 platforms, if that helps.

TiVo/V6 customers use TV Control to "manage" recordings and in-home stream, but TV Go to stream live channels & VoD.

360-customers use TV-Go for all these functions, and most of TV Control's functionality is replicated in TV Go.

I've occasionally had similar problems with VoD bookmarks & phantom recordings over the years, and a reboot of the V6 has always resolved it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks V.I.P

If I try and delete these gost recodings in TVGo I get a pop up message with a triangle host and exclamation mark and the message below 'Oops. something went wrong.Please try again later.'

But I've been trying for two weeks and nothing improves.

Thank you

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi  @ami107 

It sounds to me like it's some kind of mix up on VM systems in the background showing programs from older no longer provisoned boxes, the original V6's Arris boxes which .should have been formatted as part of the upgrade to the Horizon software, and where then swapped out for the  Humax boxes.

I take it you've rebooted both boxes and your hub. If not give it a try it won't hurt.

I haven't got iOS, only android so may be set out slightly differently, but using the TV GO android app you have to select Edit Recording first and then Delete Recording.

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the iOS TVGo app?

Can you actually play programs using the TVGO app?

I suggest also checking that the 360 Virgin Box serial numbers on your account are set up correctly ( I wouldn't have thought so but they may be showing the old box serial numbers and thus the systems think it's still got the older box recordings) This hould have been cleared when the techs installed the Humax boxes. 

On your TV 360 go to Settings > Info > About and compare the Virgin Box Serial Numbers match with those showing in the TVGO app.

In the TVGO app you will find them under Settings > Diagnostics >  CPE 1 ID and CPE 2 ID

You could possibly try a factory reset.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

With the 360 selecting Choose Keep Recordings means you won't lose your recordings (except hopefully the ghost recordings) or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again, and alter a few other settings)

You could try going the whole hog and choose the Format Disk Option, but I would advise making a note of any series links you have set up first, and also watch any recordings you need before they disappear into the ether.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali