cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a faulty box replaced here, or do I have to call 150?

mugshot
On our wavelength

Hi,

My TV 360 box is faulty. Is there a way to order a replacement online, or do I need to call 150?

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

roy247
Community elder

The quickest way would be to phone Virgin on 150 to report a fault or wait here for one of the forum team team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

What's the fault with your box?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mugshot 

What is the actual problem with the 360?

It may be something that can be fixed without the need for a box replacement or tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

mugshot
On our wavelength
Thanks, I'll wait for someone from the forum team.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mugshot wrote:
Thanks, I'll wait for someone from the forum team.

That's fine, but you've still not said what the (apparent) fault with your TV service is.

The forum staff will need to know just as much as the users who've responded so far (myself included) would like to know. Without you telling us on here what the problem is, forum team people will just have to ask as well.....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mugshot
On our wavelength
Yes thanks for the offer of help. I thought I'd wait for someone who can send a replacement, so as to not waste your time.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

But even when the staff team respond, they'll want to know why you think you need a replacement box.

And you've still not said what the issue is. Until you do, no-one can help you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mugshot

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you've got an issue with the 360. Though the community are correct - we need you to tell us what's happening with it before we can help you. Hope to hear from you soon.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

mugshot
On our wavelength
Yes thanks, I know I need to say what the problem is. I just wanted to wait until there was someone who could send a replacement or an engineer at the end of it.

The 360 was installed by an engineer 2 years ago. It was a straight swap for a V6, using all the same cables, including the same ethernet cable. It worked for a few hours then crashed and showed snow on the screen. It then rebooted and worked for a shorter time before crashing again, and so on, with the crashes becoming more frequent.

The next day it worked for a few hours before the crashes came back, and now the ethernet had stopped working. So we tried it with the ethernet cable unplugged, but it made no difference to the crashes. Then we also connected it to the WiFi and the crashes stopped.

We contacted 150 and explained all this. They told us the box is defective and they would send a replacement. Then the next day they rang and said that they wanted to send an engineer instead. The first lockdown had just started and we now had an elderly person with us who was ill. So we said no thanks to the engineer, since the box seemed to be working fine on WiFi. We figured we could get it replaced in the future.

A few days later we found problem 2. Playback of recorded programmes freezes every few seconds, just for a moment. The same thing happens when watching live TV with a delay. But we figured we could live with it. We use catch up instead. I imagine this problem was always there, we just didn't come across it for the first few days.

Problem 3 crept in more recently. We used to have the 'Standby power consumption' setting set to 'Active start'. But this now causes the box to cold boot which takes a few minutes. We work around this by using 'Fast start'.

We have the 'Pair remote' setting paired to a Samsung TV and a Yamaha audio system. The 'Volume keys control' used to allow us to select which of the two was controlled by the remote's volume keys. Problem 4 is that this will not change any more, it is stuck on the Yamaha sound system.

For this last problem I thought I'd try a 'Factory reset' then pair up my devices again. However, problem 5 is that factory reset no longer resets these things, some things go back to their defaults and others stay as they were.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I didn’t think TV 360 was available before March 2020.