cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable splitter

Dave_M
On our wavelength

Recently upgraded to the latest router & TiVo however Virgin did not supply a cable splitter. Do I need to order one separately or would something like the below do the job?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174870840227

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In that case it sounds like you'll need a non-fault engineer appointment.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from a non-VM phone, or waiting here a couple of days for VM staff to respond.

There's probably a £25 charge for this, unless it's flagged as part of an install.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The link you posted shows a very low quality version that is not compatible with VM

roy247
Community elder

If something is missing like the spltter you will need to call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone either mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone or you can wait for a forum team member to pick this up which maybe a couple of days. If you fit a non standard part to the Virgin cable network you could be liable for any future problems.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dave_M wrote:

Recently upgraded to the latest router & TiVo however Virgin did not supply a cable splitter.

All of the VM cabling & connectors to your routers & TV boxes is part of VM's network and amendments should only be made by Virgin themselves. Otherwise well-intentioned DIY fixes can often cause more problems than they fix.

Not that it matters hugely, but when you say "the latest TiVo", do you mean you have a V6 box? Or a 360 (that's not a TiVo at all)? There's photos of the TiVO & V6 on this page - the 360 uses the same physical box as the V6 but doesn't run TiVo software and has the flat voice-activated remote.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Dave_M
On our wavelength

That would be the 360 I have. 

My intent is to tidy up the rats nest of cables behind the TV and replace the hacked wall cover that the ntl engineer left 15 years or so back.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In that case it sounds like you'll need a non-fault engineer appointment.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from a non-VM phone, or waiting here a couple of days for VM staff to respond.

There's probably a £25 charge for this, unless it's flagged as part of an install.

Hi @Dave_M 

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'll drop you a private message to get this sorted, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs