cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS6002

Greggsy07
Joining in

Had this error tonight after about 6 weeks with out new tv360 box. Tried everything from the online help but had to book an engineer who can't get here until Wednesday 13th!! I can't use my TV service as I need to meaning a weekend full.of exciting programming has just been ruined

Then submitted an online complaints form which apparently make take up to 28 days to be dealt with!!

Any suggestions on a home fix or how to speed up the customer service guys to sort this? I'm seriously unhappy with this

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Greggsy07 

Sorry to see you have the CS6002 error. You should still be able to watch live TV and stream via some catch up and on demand services.

You could try a factory reset, however I don't think it will help in this case, as you've already contacted VM Faults and they've given the right diagnosis as d it definitely neeeds an engineer visit.

Try the factory reset as you've nothing to lose.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Normally I would advise selecting Choose Keep Recordings which means you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again), however since you have the "can't find hard drive" message you have already lost the recordings, so I would try the "Format Disk" option.

EDIT - Just to add , you can't speed up the tech appointment, however keep checking in My Virgin Media, under Orders & Appointments. If somebody has cancelled there appointment then you might be able to book an earlier slot

CS6002CS6002

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Error CS6002 is often a hard drive related fault, an engineer visit has been booked because it's the correct course of action - I'm sure if the CS agent could have resolved it, they would have.

And yes, the complaints process isn't a way of speeding up fault fixes - a 28day turnaround is perfectly normal.

You should still be able to view live TV and use OnDemand/streaming in the meantime, but you should prepare for your TV360 to be replaced when the tech calls next week.

You can check for cancellations in the meantime, login to your myVM online account and choose "my appointments" to check for earlier availability. It's unfortunate timing being a Friday, and your appointment is 2 working days away, but that's a pretty normal turnaround for a residential service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Greggsy07, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that have occurred with the TV and the error code CS6002.
Unfortunately if the diagnostics comes back saying it requires a technician, the time frame we offer is in fact the nearest appointment we have available.
I do understand your frustration as it means you are without service for a certain amount of days.

I can see you have raised a complaint, may I ask if there's been any update on the complaint so far? You can check here for an update. Let us know.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs