cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS6002 fault on tv cant record or pause

CMCKENZ
Joining in

Been with virgin media for years and randomly about 2 weeks ago got a message on the TV saying can't find hard drive and haven't been able to record or watch recorded programmes finding it hard gettin through to virgin to speak to someone about this can anyone help ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @CMCKENZ 

You could try a factory reset, however I don't think it will help in this case, and that you'll need to contact VM Faults (150 from a VM landline or mobile) for a replacement main box. If you do call VM it's best around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

A member of the forum team may pick this up for you in  a day or two.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Normally I'd suggest you choose "Keep Recordings" which means you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again), however since you have the "can't find hard drive" message I would try the "Format Disk" option.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @CMCKENZ 

You could try a factory reset, however I don't think it will help in this case, and that you'll need to contact VM Faults (150 from a VM landline or mobile) for a replacement main box. If you do call VM it's best around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

A member of the forum team may pick this up for you in  a day or two.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Normally I'd suggest you choose "Keep Recordings" which means you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again), however since you have the "can't find hard drive" message I would try the "Format Disk" option.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for your help, I finally got through to someone tonight technian is coming out to look at it through the week.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @CMCKENZ 

Thanks for updating the thread so quickly.

It looks like you will need a replacment box, sadly you won't be able to transfer over any recordings or series links.

It might be a good idea to make a note of your series links, if yuo have a lot it may be easier to take a photo of them. Some of your recordings may be available via Catch Up or On Demand.

Let us know how you get on.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Seems I am having a similar problem and I am not on a virgin phone. what number do i dial from a different mobile network? 

Hi Queensips,

Phone 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the option for "I have a fault with my TV service", or you can wait here for a member ot the forum to respond, which may take a couple of days.

Hi Queensips, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're also having an issue with this error code. 

Checking things this end, I can see that you managed to speak with the team and they have arranged for a new box to be sent to you. 

Please keep us posted on how things go and if you need anything else, let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs