cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS2217

apvw5
Tuning in

I have a 360 box and secondary (slave) box which gives me the following error code when i try to watch saved programmes CS2217

Installed within the last two weeks --has never worked

The main box works fine 

VM website says to get in touch with them as a result

I have and just to be told by the Indian call centre that theres nothing they can do 

Can someone from VM please advise as to how I get this to work and enjoy the service for which i am paying

If it is relevant i have the top end broadband / tv bundle of 1Gb with Hub 4

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 15.19.37.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

I assume we are talking about a mini box and that you can watch live TV ok and the mini is connected to your network by wifi or ethernet cable.

Do you get this error when you try and watch recordings on the mini when the main box is powered up, if you don't and it's only when the main box is turned off then it may be the power setting on the main box needs changing in settings to either Fast Start or Active Start.

If this is not the case then you could try a factory reset on the mini box and then on the main box if it doesn't cure the problem when you have reset the mini.

If this doesn't cure your problem then the best thing to do is phone at 8am and select the "I am leaving option" and get them to put you through to the 360 team who should be able to do something for you.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

27 REPLIES 27

roy247
Community elder

I assume we are talking about a mini box and that you can watch live TV ok and the mini is connected to your network by wifi or ethernet cable.

Do you get this error when you try and watch recordings on the mini when the main box is powered up, if you don't and it's only when the main box is turned off then it may be the power setting on the main box needs changing in settings to either Fast Start or Active Start.

If this is not the case then you could try a factory reset on the mini box and then on the main box if it doesn't cure the problem when you have reset the mini.

If this doesn't cure your problem then the best thing to do is phone at 8am and select the "I am leaving option" and get them to put you through to the 360 team who should be able to do something for you.

Thank you superfast for replying

your assumptions are correct

yes still get the error when main box powered on and all sttings are as you suggest

did a factory reset on both mini box and main box and has made no difference

If anyone from Virgin Media is reading this (and why wouldn't you be , its your forum! ---but no reply seems to indicate you aren't -- then why am i asked to contact VM to rectify this fault (see screenshot) only to be turned away (check phone notes from India) and then the suggestion (which i gladly accept - thank you Superfast)  is i have to jump through hoops and lie to try nd get to your correct VM dept for assistance 

Im a customer who has upgraded to the most expensive package you have , and it doesnt work ---please can you simply assist and fix this for me?

so absolutely NO RESPONSE from Virgin Media

I cannot even get through to your Indian call centre let alone speak to anyone

I still have this issue and have no way to resolve -----what an apalling business you run 

wesone
Tuning in

I'm having this same exact same problem. Did you manage to get it resolved?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @apvw5,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I have managed to locate your account using your forums details, I am sorry for the issues you are having with your TV services, I have located the issue, please see the following:

'578 US Low SNR E06B01(ODA3) brnt-cmts-01.network-Cable1/0/4 - Status report || You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engin'

Outage - F008936186 - Status: We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way 
Date Open: 09 APR 2021 14:19 
Estimated end date: 14 APR 2021 15:00

I hope this helps clear up why this is not working at the moment, we are aware of this issue and are on our way to fix it.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I raised CS2217 two months ago --- why , now out of the blue, are you replying with an unrelated answer?

Kind of ....

All i can tell you is that the error cade relates to a "network issue"

Both boxes MSUT be on the same network as your HUB (router)

If you have an extender etc it can cause a conflict resulting in this issue 

once connected to the same VM HUB it now works 

My advice to you is not to waste time on this forum as no one from VM ever came back to me 

Instead book an engineer to come to your home and insist they rectify the fault  (good luck with getting an appointment via India or wherever the call centre is --- its possible but took me days of trying)

All the best 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @apvw5,

We're sorry to hear that you feel this way and apologies about the delay in our response.

Can you tell us a little bit more about your fault? Are you still experiencing the same error code?

I would advise to complete a reboot of your systems if you have not completed this in a while.

Please keep us updated if you can.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

You must be joking??

Two months and nothing! And that’s your response!

And your response has nothing to do with CS2217 that I can understand ..... no idea what Hayley is referring to 

and your suggestion is a reboot. 
laughable