cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS2217 error

JamesFromLeeds
Tuning in

I’ve spoken to the Indian call centre several times and the issue has not been resolved.

I see it’s a common problem from this community - cannot be fixed remotely it does it need an engineer visit to resolve?

Thanks James 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The obvious things that I'd want to rule out..

1: Your main box is set to fast-start or active-start?

2: You can view the same recordings from the main box?

3: Both boxes can use VoD ok, thus proving the 360 <--> Hub connection as ok. Also check Settings > Network > Diagnostic for the same.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've not explained the circumstances where you're getting this error, which will certainly help in trying to advise.

That said, the online help for this error - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs2217-contactus suggests this is like to need VM intervention.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

My 360 mini box allows me to record programmes, but when I try to watch them, I receive error code CS2217 advising playback is not possible. 

I have called Virgin’s helpline and they advise it will be fixed on a certain date, but that date comes and the issue has not been resolved.

Any suggestions/solutions are welcomed 

Thanks James 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The obvious things that I'd want to rule out..

1: Your main box is set to fast-start or active-start?

2: You can view the same recordings from the main box?

3: Both boxes can use VoD ok, thus proving the 360 <--> Hub connection as ok. Also check Settings > Network > Diagnostic for the same.

Hi Japitts,

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I’ve checked all 3 and confirm: 

1. the main box is on fast start

2. I can watch recordings perfectly on the main box, but whilst I can see the show names on the smaller 360 box I cannnot play them and get the CS2217 error

3. Yes diagnostics all look good: signal quality good, internet connection is Ethernet and connection speed is high allowing up to Ultra HD

Thanks James 

Hi JamesFromLeeds,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with the 360, I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see you've been able to speak with a technical agent.

We have raised a work order for the issue and this is being investigated for you, at the moment there is no fix date showing.

Alex_Rm