cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS2004 on every channel

Ooodles21
Joining in

Literally could not be more annoyed with all this. Forced to pay £35 for “installation” (what installation? Who is here installing it but me?) and it won’t even work. 

no live tv whatsoever. Every single channel shows CS2004. I didn’t buy this for catch up, I can get catch up. Can’t get through on the phone to anyone, checked all the cables three times over - there’s nothing wrong with the coax or connection fits. So what gives?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Community elder

Is this a self install or upgrade from V6 to 360.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ooodles21 

I realise you say that you've checked all the cabling but the CS2004 error code is displayed when the 360 box has poor or no signals present. 

It is nearly always due to the coaxial cable not being securely connected.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs2004 

It's also possible that there is a local problem. Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Checked service status, called the number, checked the website - everything says fine. I fully understand this error code relates back to coax but at this point my feeling is that this is a duff cable from virgin. 

Self install. 

As you say it's probably a faulty cable or splitter, best thing to do is phone virgin and ask for a manned install, shouldn't be any charge, engineer will have everything required, or wait here for one of the forum team team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

Hi Ooodles21,

Thank you for reaching  out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you were facing issues when setting up your services due to no connection message, how are things now, were you able to get this resolved?

Regards

Paul.

I had the CS2004 message too though not on every channel like you. Service status said everything was ok which it would if the problem was a loose cable. I checked every cable and they all seemed fine. The upshot was an engineer was called out. The day before he was due I had one further look and this time noticed the nut extending the coaxial cable to my Virgin box was ever so slightly loose. I tightened it by hand and all my missing channels came back. The engineer visit was cancelled and everything has been fine for several months now. I mention this just in case it may help you.

Hi @Rufus57,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm glad to hear you managed to work out and resolve the issues you were experiencing with your TV service recently. It's very helpful that you've shared how you resolved it, so thank you very much that.

If there's anything else we can assist you with, please let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!