cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS2000

jamesredfern
Superfast
  • Any ideas 9n this one? Occurs when hitting pause or rewind on live TV. I can't see any reference to it on the VM error code Web page. 
10 REPLIES 10

roy247
Community elder

If you can't pause or rewind live TV that would point to a Hard drive problem, I assume this is on a 360 main box and not a mini box, have you tried setting a recording and playing it back, if you can't it sounds like a call to Virgin for a replacement box.

Yes. It's a 360 main box. I've fa tory reset and it works again. Suddenly happened today. 

Let's hope the factory reset has cured the problem. Version 4.37 has just started rolling out has your box been upgraded if it has it maybe something to do with that causing a problem.

Nope. Still on 4.36. 

To be honest this is a long string of issues I've had with this box. Once I think I've sorted one problem another appears. Now I'm getting errors on searching. I'm so glad I got the email about price rises. I signed up for 18 months in September and now I have the option to get out. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jamesredfern 

I've checked the error code you listed on the UK error code list, the irish error code list and also the Dutch error code list. and it isn't on any of them.

Are you sure it wasn't CS2200?

That code is for a recording playout fail.

If you pause or rewind live TV and then try to play it again it uses your hard drive in the same way as a recording.

To my eyes that looks like it may be a hard drive error.

Please can you check and play some of your recent recordings, and also make a new one too and see if the same error occurs.

If it happens again, especially with the same error message then I would be tempted to perform a  factory reset.

You have two options with a factory reset.

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

With the 360 selecting Choose Keep Recordings means you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again)

Try that one first and see if it resolves the issue.

If it doesn't and you keep seeing the same error then my assumption is correct and it looks like you may need a new box.

If so you've nothing to lose but try the second factory reset option - it will delete everything and reformat the hard drive, but if you need a new 360 then then there is nothing lost trying that method.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm pretty sure that was the correct code. Funny thing is it only flashed on the screen for a split second and then disappeared every time the pause or rewind button was pressed. 

I've since done a factory reset with hard drive format and it seems to work again. A new error popped up afterwards when ever I did a search on the box. CS8xxx (can't remember the last 3 digits).  I left it for the night. Will check again this morning and report back. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @jamesredfern 

There's only one CS8  error code and it relates to the Search function

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs8400-contactus 

"Search is currently unavailable". Please get in touch with us   We will be able to run some further checks to get your TV service back up and running again.

I would try a reboot and then Search and if the same error occurs contact faults (150 from your VM phone and option 2).

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi there @jamesredfern

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums.

I'm so sorry to hear that you had this error, can I ask is this now resolved and gone? 

Thank you. 

Seems to behaving itself so far. 

I went through a process of checking all cables. Replaced the ethernet lead and checked all connections on the coax were tight. I stumble across an issue though. The white converter lead mush be a bit dodgy. Upon wiggling the cable the 360 box picture broke up. I swapped the lead for a standard f type to standard ariel adapter and that solved that problem.