cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS1011

Vasvas
Joining in

@virginmedia now we have CS1011 8 engineers (yes 8 & 17 phone calls) later and still no TV... Absolute joke of a service provider 

8 REPLIES 8

Vasvas
Joining in

@virginmedia now we have CS1011 8 engineers later and still no TV... Absolute joke of a service provider #fail #CustomerService #CISAS

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Vasvas 

Have you had a box swap? Or upgraded from a V6 to a 360 box?

CS1011 is an account retrieval error.

The box need  to be connected to both the white coaxial cable and also an internet connection.

It's likely that the CS1011 account retreival error is because the box hasn't been fully set up on VM's systems yet, or possibly because the box hasn't been activated.

You could try calling 0800 953 9500 to activate the mini box -  you will need the box serial number, and your account and area number

If that fails it will either need VM to escalate to 2nd level support to update the systems, and if that fails then a tech visit ( I see you said 8 engineeers later) with a replacement box should rectify the error.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Mini box and 360 box have never worked properly since install. The last engineer got 1 working then the other switched off then vice-versa 

roy247
Community elder

To me that sounds like your account hasn't been set up correctly for multiroom, I would follow newapollo's advice and call Virgin again and select the I am thinking of leaving option and speak to retensions who should be able to help.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Vasvas 

Is the mini box connected to the white coaxial cable? It needs that and an internet connection.

If the main box is working, and not the mini, then try swapping them around. This might force the mini box to be recognised. It won't break the main box, you can swap them back round again afterwards.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Vasvas wrote:

Mini box and 360 box have never worked properly since install. The last engineer got 1 working then the other switched off then vice-versa 

So was your install a self-service QuickStart, or a manned engineer one?

If a manned engineer one, did they leave you with all the boxes working? And if it was self-service QuickStart, where does the engineer come into this?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Done.no difference 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Vasvas

Thanks for your reply

I'm going to drop you a private message now to investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs