cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNN no longer available after August 31st

ModTeam

Hello, 

Due to WarnerMedia’s plans to move to a subscription model for the CNN news channel, it will no longer be available on Virgin TV after 31 August. Customers can still watch and catch up on the latest news on major news channels such as BBC News, Sky News, Bloomberg and many others.

For more information on this channel closure, please click here.

Many thanks, 

Community Mods

54 REPLIES 54

ramaiya2
On our wavelength

I used to watch CNN and this is a big disappointment. Not sure if I will be renewing after my contract ends

Hi ramaiya2, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you're thinking of leaving us. 

When you're ready, please speak to the team on 0345 454 1111 option 1, 4 then 4 again so they can go through the cancellation process with you. 

Please bear in mind there is a 30 day notice period. 

Hopefully you will change your mind and stay but if not, we understand you need to do what's right for you.

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

pdampier
On our wavelength

Question on this Kath_F - If my contract expires on Jan 22nd 2022 does this mean earliest call to set up cancellation for when the contract ends would be December 22nd?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can hand in your 30 days notice at any time, however if you were to say hand in your notice today your account would be closed on 13th November.

You would then have to pay early termination fees until 22nd January 2022.  The most you would pay in early termination fees is capped at £240.

Terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-disconnection-fees 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A quick update for those with LG TV's from 2019 and later, running WebOS 4.5 or later.

You can now view CNN live (for free)  along with Rakuten Stories, Comedy Movies, Action Movies and Drama Movies via the Rakuten app on the above TV's.

Info from https://www.digitaltveurope.com  and https://rxtvinfo.com  

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I didn't realise CNN was closing down on VM but remaining on Sky, so Sky are paying a premium to have this channel now its moved to subscription?

I only ever watched CNN for a different take on global news, like Ukraine/Russia, so no big loss. And no way worth paying £19 a year for.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@oxfordmark wrote:

I didn't realise CNN was closing down on VM but remaining on Sky, so Sky are paying a premium to have this channel now its moved to subscription?

I only ever watched CNN for a different take on global news, like Ukraine/Russia, so no big loss. And no way worth paying £19 a year for.

It has not moved to subscription on Sky. It is currently Free-to-Air on satellite unencrypted. It will remain on the Sky EPG until their current contract runs out, & is likely to be removed from all broadcast platforms soon.

The CNN app is now available to anyone on the Virgin V360 TV platform.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

If you have a LG TV with Rakuten you can watch CNN, may depend on what LG TV and version of software you have.

CNN+ axed!

Major embarrassment for CNN+

Do you think this means CNN will come crawling back to Virgin Media?