cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering

Bongo12
Joining in

Since changing to 360 my recordings buffer even though the hub is in the same room and no other devices are being used, the upstairs box doesn't buffer while watching recordings at all, it's driving me mad I had no issues until I changed to the 360 remote!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

I am assuming you have 2 upgraded V6 boxes. Do the recordings that buffer on one box play OK on the other box, do you actually get a buffering message or symbol, just trying to rule out it's a possible hard drive problem.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

I am assuming you have 2 upgraded V6 boxes. Do the recordings that buffer on one box play OK on the other box, do you actually get a buffering message or symbol, just trying to rule out it's a possible hard drive problem.

Bongo12
Joining in

Only buffers on one box and shows buffering message. The hub is in the same room, never had a problem until I upgraded to 360 remotes

Bongo12
Joining in

Yes the recordings are fine on the other box

roy247
Community elder

If the box that's buffering is connected by WiFi can you try an ethernet cable.

It must only be happening when it's streaming a recording from the other box so if that box is connected by WiFi using the 5 GHz band try connecting to 2.4 Ghz it's slower but a stronger signal.

roy247
Community elder

You can see which box the recordings are on so you know what is streaming from box to box.

You should be able to go to Saved > Recorded > See all > and click on the Recorded tab you will see a drop down with the following options:-

Recorded, Recorded on this Virgin TV box, Planned, and Planned for this Virgin TV box. -    highlighting "Recorded on this Virgin TV box" will just show those programs recorded on that box.