cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropouts on video calls

Kentrainbuff
Dialled in

Recently Virgin performed "upgrade work" in our area and for a short period we lost service as expected. Since then, whenever we have done zoom or teams video calls the audio keeps cutting out. They cannot hear us and we cannot hear them. This happens on and off every 2 or 3 minutes.

Never had this problem before even throughout lockdown.

Just got the system to do a test and it said we had an intermittent signal but did not explain further other than get me to do usual power cycle and test all connections.

Do i ring 150 and report an issue or is there something more i can do before getting all upset on the phone.

Maybe related or maybe not but Tivo boxes (they are 360 major and minor) have begun reporting buffering during playback of recorded programmes (they are connected by cable not wireless) and recordings seem to suffer dropout or short freeze and jump on playback.

I have a latest generation hub and the major Tivo 360 was swapped out about 3 months ago.

Oh and the remote seems to jump two three or more steps when using the up down keys to navigate lists.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Kentrainbuff

Thanks for joining me on PM. 

Just to update the thread, the engineer visit was booked in. 

This can be tracked in your online account

Let us know how the visit goes.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Kentrainbuff

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the delayed reply and the broadband issues. I've checked the system today and there are downstream issues. This needs a tech visit to the property to solve. I'll send you a PM now to get some details.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Kentrainbuff

Thanks for joining me on PM. 

Just to update the thread, the engineer visit was booked in. 

This can be tracked in your online account

Let us know how the visit goes.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi John

Checked the roadside cabinet up the road this morning and the front panel was still missing showing patching links to the elements.

Will the engineer on Friday know the results of your test and hence why you have arranged the visit?

If not, could you give a hint as to what the test suggested as to why an engineer visit was necessary so I can advise him?

Thanks

Ken

Hi @Kentrainbuff,

Apologies for our delayed response.

How did the visit go?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

All went well. He replaced connectors on outside box on house as they had not been touched in many many years. He then tested from the box across the road. Then fitted attenuators to the two Tivo360 boxes and the hub and retested. When he got green on all his testing he was happy and left.

Will not know if it has fixed the Teams call dropouts until next week.

Regards

Ken

Thanks for the update on the visit Ken and glad to hear the technician was thorough in his work and checked everything. Monitor it going forward and if you need us again in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

Rob