cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back UNDELETE

roy247
Community elder

Dear Virgin,

Can we PLEASE bring back the undelete option or change when you delete a saved programme it then highlights the programme title of the recording below not the BIN.

Thank you,

Roy

17 REPLIES 17

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you accidentally deleted something you didn't mean to, Roy? 😢

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Only twice this weekend.

The dog's are thinking I have renamed f**k's and sake.

thrice
Superfast

This happened to me a few times when I first switched to 360 from V6. I learnt the hard way to wait a few seconds after clicking on delete for the whole thing to go through its paces. I agree, an undelete option is needed. Failing that a confirmation box along the lines of 'Are you sure you want to delete' followed by the name of the show in question. Hopefully in a forthcoming update...

roy247
Community elder

I switched 9 months ago and still forget now and then not to rush, but it always seems to be a programme not available on demand or catchup.

roy247
Community elder

@roy247 wrote:

Dear Virgin,

Can we PLEASE bring back the undelete option or change when you delete a saved programme it then highlights the programme title of the recording below not the BIN.

Thank you,

Roy

Right I have double checked and if you list your Saved recordings and delete a one off recording of Coronation Street for example it then does go to the next programme title say Emmerdale and you can quite happily without hesitation press OK and watch. The problem is when programmes are listed as a Series, it could be the 3 games from Super Sunday as long as you recorded them on the same channel and just pressed record on each one they will be shown as a Series and this is when if you delete one the bin is highlighted on the next one not the programme so don't just press OK.😕

Other programmes are available for use as example purposes.

Hi @roy247,

Welcome back to our community forums. 

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when trying to receive accidently deleted items. Can you please confirm what TV box you currently have?

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

roy247
Community elder

Obviously it's a 360 box because you can undelete on a V6 from the deleted folder.

Thank you for letting us know @roy247

We will take your feedback onboard and pass it on to the relevant teams to be investigated.

We apologise again for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

roy247
Community elder

Hi Akua_A,

If we can't have a deleted bin to recover deleted items from can we just get the 360 software to operate the same when deleting a non series recording and a series recording as I explained earlier so there's less chance of making a mistake. 

This is what I said in case you didn't read it,

Right I have double checked and if you list your Saved recordings and delete a one off recording of Coronation Street for example it then does go to the next programme title say Emmerdale and you can quite happily without hesitation press OK and watch. The problem is when programmes are listed as a Series, it could be the 3 games from Super Sunday as long as you recorded them on the same channel and just pressed record on each one they will be shown as a Series, and this is when if you delete one the bin is highlighted on the next one not the programme title, so don't just press OK. 

Other programmes are available for use as example purposes.

Thank you,

Roy