cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box recording episodes already watched

MzFtz
Tuning in

In the last few days (post software update?) my 360 has been re-recording programmes that I’ve already watched. Any ideas how to resolve this? (It’s not a major issue, just a pain thinking “ooh new episode!” then realising it’s just recorded the repeat)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Apologies for wasting everyone’s time! I’ve watched enough IT Crowd to know that you should always try switching it off and on again… I now have the “new only” recording option!

Thanks All 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

roy247
Community elder

@MzFtz wrote:

In the last few days (post software update?) my 360 has been re-recording programmes that I’ve already watched. Any ideas how to resolve this? (It’s not a major issue, just a pain thinking “ooh new episode!” then realising it’s just recorded the repeat)

If we are talking version 4.39 software update there should now be a 'record new only' option in the advanced recording settings, you may need to reset your series links.

I am still on 4.37 so can't check.

I’ve got 4.39 but can’t see the “record new only” 

roy247
Community elder

When you set a recording you will see the ' advanced options ' where you have ' From this series onwards ', etc, there should now be a 'new only' option.

Advanced options currently only gives me these ….A2976D4E-8C15-4BBC-999E-4F563187578C.jpeg16127CDA-DA74-4A01-9310-BBAC7C1C449E.jpeg

I haven't got 4.39 yet but shouldn't "this episode and forwards" do the trick assuming "this episode" is the latest one?

roy247
Community elder

According to this Thread there should be a new only option, as I am still awaiting the 4.39 software update I can't confirm one way or another, it may be a good idea to restart your box try turning it off with the switch on the back of the box, leave it for a couple of minutes then turn it back on, you could also try doing a factory reset if turning the power off + on makes difference to your advanced recording options, if you do the factory reset just select the option to keep your recordings, you will have to sign in again to iPlayer and other apps like Netflix, and reset your Dolby setting if you have changed it from the default always convert.

roy247
Community elder

Hi MzFtz,

Just to clarify something, was this software update from V6 TiVo to 360 Horizon software or the 360 update from 4.37 to 4.39 ?

It was the 360 update from 4.37 (I assume as I never really take note of these things!) to 4.39

You’d hope so but sadly not!