cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box loaded as v6 and not 360

Tomfarrant89
Tuning in

I paideia for the new 360 service got installed last week mini box installed in kitchen works on 360 fine but the new box in the front room has loaded as v6 engineer told me that it needs to be updated by customer service but getting nowhere. Please help!!

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you just clarify what you mean by your box "loaded as V6".

From how I interpret your post - you've had 360 installed today, one main box and one mini. The mini works fine? But the master is running TiVo software? Can you confirm my understanding is correct, or if not - explain?

Quite why the tech left you to sort this out rather than escalating it themselves, would be my first reaction - although I'd imagine you're probably thinking the same.

I'd be interested to know what happens when you try setting a recording on the mini if so, given that it uses the master box's HDD for this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That’s what the engineer told me that it had loaded like this I thought it was rubbish!! Had an email before install saying I don’t need any new boxes just remote. But yes you are correct mini working fine but main one is TiVo also the mini doesn’t let me record any thing 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok - I've escalated this thread to VM staff for them to pickup sooner than they would otherwise. In the meantime, a few extra bits of clarity that they'll likely need to know so I'll ask and save them... I think this is unlikely to get resolved tonight, but we can at least make a start.

When you try to set recordings on the mini - do you get any error message or code? If so, what is it?

I'm presuming live TV works on both boxes, but can you confirm? What happens if you try pausing live TV on the mini? The design allows for about 4-5 minutes of buffering, but does this work?

Were both boxes supplied by the install tech, one way of reading your "don't need any new boxes" comment is that you already had them?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

The mini box pauses but not for long matter of seconds. When you try to record it comes up with ‘can’t find hard drive’ cs6031

live tv in the living room main box it’s rubbish like an old digital Ariel. 

The engineer gave us new  boxes and a new router so everything was new. One of our old boxes had died  

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Tomfarrant89,

Another customer reported the CS6031 error and it was fixed by rebooting the set top box. New-360-box-can-t-record/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tomfarrant89 wrote:

The mini box pauses but not for long matter of seconds. When you try to record it comes up with ‘can’t find hard drive’ cs6031

Thanks for the confirmation

@Tomfarrant89 wrote:

live tv in the living room main box it’s rubbish like an old digital Ariel.

Are you saying the picture is pixellating? That's potentially another fault if so. Might need to dig into this a bit more...

@Tomfarrant89 wrote:

The engineer gave us new  boxes and a new router so everything was new. One of our old boxes had died  

How many boxes did you have prior to this tech visit - 2? And were they V6 or 360? In other words - was this a tech visit to migrate to 360?

Edited post: Crossed with newapollo, which has given me an idea. In the "TiVo" box main menu, is there any option - either in the menu or the apps - to "complete your upgrade to 360"?

Thanks for your post Tomfarrant89, and I'm sorry to see there have been some issues when installing the new 360 box.

I'd like us to take a closer look into this with you, please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

The tech visit was to do a new install as we

moved house and we changed contracts when we moved. There is no such option available on the menu 

Tomfarrant89
Tuning in

What a shower of s@!t customer service rubbish upgraded when I moved house to 360 …… 5 weeks later still have no 360 after 5 different convos and 2 engineers they clearly don’t know what they are doing then have the nerve to charge me for a service they aren’t providing!!!! Please take me to court I will box up all my virgin gear and drop it off at your hq! £80 a month for what? Everyone doesn’t know what they are doing!!!