cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box freezes

Tasha_2
Joining in

I have two virgin boxes a 360 and 360 mini. 

The 360 mini box constantly freezes and resets itself especially on a recorded programme the signal is awful and most of the time won’t connect to the internet yet everything else in the house is fine,sometimes the picture is frozen but still playing is there anything I can do?! 

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Community elder

Is the box OK with live TV that comes down the coax cable. For recordings and streaming if you are connected on the 5 ghz wifi have you tried connecting on the 2.4 ghz, slower but usually stronger signal.

Have you checked the signal by going to Settings, Network Diagnostics you might need to contact virgin for a wifi pod to boost your signal.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A TV box that's freezing and restarting isn't healthy for one, but in no particular order...

Is this happening on live TV or watching/streaming any recorded content?

Do you have similar problems on your master box? If no, have you tried swapping the boxes around around see if the faults move or stay.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Tasha_2,

Welcome to our Community and thanks for posting on the Forums!

Sorry to hear your having this issue with the box freezing. Just checking in to see if you have taken a look at what has been suggested on this thread or still require help?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs