cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block You Tube App

paulyf693
Tuning in

I would like to delete or at least control access through a pin to the YouTube app on my v6 box. The instructions to do so here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-parental-controls do not seem up to date as I see know lock apps and games option? Anyone able to advise please? 

35 REPLIES 35

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can't delete any apps from a TiVo or V6, but the instructions on that help page work for me and are spot-on. I think that might also be a new facility.

Which SW version is your V6 running on? Home > Help & Settings > System Info, and it's listed a few rows from the top.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply, looking into it I’ve just noticed ours is the virgin 360 box in fact so we don’t have the same menu options. Only had it installed recently. It’s running version 4.31

Been on a chat with support and they’ve told me there’s no way of blocking or even adding a pin to the app . Seems crazy 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved this post to the 360 board.

Another functional difference between the 2 platforms to be aware of, it would appear.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Great thanks 👍

The inability to block/uninstall is infuriating.

My kids think it's OK to watch it relentlessly even if I tell to turn it over or off.

On the 360 box I can either use the Connect app to pause WiFi to the box in order to prevent access ( but also prevents updates/channel guide refresh) or use the block YouTube feature via Web Safe setting's but this blocks it for adults too.

I think in a world where we are looking after the mental health / well being of kids, having the ability by an adult to restrict the use of Apps like YouTube should be Paramount.

Can VM PLEASE evaluate to this 

I was really surprised, thought it would be a simple thing to do and I was just missing something but yes, it seems it’s not possible at the moment on 360 box. 

Hi @paulyf693,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

Unfortunately there is currently no way of deleting any of the apps on the 360 TV box nor is there a way to place a PIN on a specific app, other than in the app itself (where applicable), though you may need to create a YouTube account and sign into it via the app in order to do that.

You can find more information about parental controls here and here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I totally agree with this - want to be able to at least pin control so i can monitor when they watch it. 

It seems crazy not to have any control on the 360 boc (the older box we were able to have a pin0. My kids are so sneaky with it