cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black box on screen

andyofsa6
On our wavelength

Hi

I recently upgraded my V6 box to TV 360 while watching playback of a recorded film a black box appeared top right of tv, it says i can now operate my Samsung tv with the 360 remote, it stays on for a few seconds then goes away, after a while it happens again, i have also noticed it happens when watching live tv. 

Does anyone know what this is about and can it be stopped from happening.

9 REPLIES 9

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi @andyofsa6 

The box is there due to a fire at the Red Bee Broadcasting Center, it just indicates the program isn't coming from their main transmitter.

You can read up on the progress of Red Bee below:

Red Bee Repairs Status 

🙂

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Thanks for your reply Steve.

Hi,

No worries. The repairs are obviously taking a LOT longer than anticipated.

🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The previous answer may not necessarily be correct.

Does this happen on all programmes/channels, or just particular ones?

How about OnDemand/streaming content?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

@andyofsa6 wrote:

Hi

I recently upgraded my V6 box to TV 360 while watching playback of a recorded film a black box appeared top right of tv, it says i can now operate my Samsung tv with the 360 remote, it stays on for a few seconds then goes away, after a while it happens again, i have also noticed it happens when watching live tv. 

Does anyone know what this is about and can it be stopped from happening.

Have you paired the remote to the TV in settings and set one power and volume control to your TV.

How to pair the TV 360 remote with your TV

If you need to pair the TV 360 remote with the TV to control volume, source or power

1. Press Home
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select Pair remote with devices
  4. Select Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions

Remember to then select one power and volume control in settings.

The black box that Steve1701 referred to is a different problem.

@Steve1701 wrote:

The box is there due to a fire at the Red Bee Broadcasting Center, it just indicates the program isn't coming from their main transmitter.

That doesn't sound relevant to 'a black box appeared top right of tv, it says i can now operate my Samsung tv with the 360 remote'. I think the answer is something else.

andyofsa6
On our wavelength

Hi

Thanks for your reply i will check on demand but it was on most of the channels that i was trying to watch, i do not use the box for streaming but the Apps on my tv.

andyofsa6
On our wavelength
Thanks Roy

I will re-check the pairing and see if that works.

Thank you to everyone who replied and the problem has now gone.