cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen

RS6avant
On our wavelength

I keep loosing picture with the Screen just going Black, I still have sound. 
Not a TV problem as that is working fine. 
I have checked all the connections and switched the box off to reset numerous times. Picture comes back for varying lengths of time. 

Any suggestions welcome 

TIA. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does this happen on... live TV (Any particular channel(s))? OnDemand? Streaming? Recorded programmes?

Which SW version is your 360 running on?

When you say "checked all the connections", can you expand on that? Have you proven the HDMI lead & TV port as good with known working kit and swapped them around?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does this happen on... live TV (Any particular channel(s))? OnDemand? Streaming? Recorded programmes?

Which SW version is your 360 running on?

When you say "checked all the connections", can you expand on that? Have you proven the HDMI lead & TV port as good with known working kit and swapped them around?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

RS6avant
On our wavelength

Happens on both live TV and Recorded TV. 

SW is DCX960_-MON-PRD -00.02-120-FK-AL-20210707210000-NA004

HDMI I have only unplugged and reconnected. I’m guessing I should try a different one as you suggest. I have changed the port on the TV   

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RS6avant wrote:

SW is DCX960_-MON-PRD -00.02-120-FK-AL-20210707210000-NA004

That doesn't look right - it should be in the format 4.3x - there's a few currently in circulation.

And yes, we need to eliminate as many variables as we can. What's the make & model of your TV, too.

RS6avant
On our wavelength

Build Version is 4.34

TV is a high end 9mth old 8k Samsung. 

I have changed to a known HDMI replacing the one that came with the box only a few months ago (old box had a HD failure)

Unfortunately as the fault occurs randomly (time wise m) I will have to wait and see if the replacement HDMI has worked. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi RS6avant, thanks for your post.

Sorry about the issues you've had with your TV service. I've taken a look into this from here and wasn't able to identify any obvious problems that would be causing this for you. Hopefully the new HDMI cable has helped? If not please keep us updated. 

Tom

RS6avant
On our wavelength

Hi Tom 

Thanks for having a look at my issue from your end. 
Having found that nothing has worked to resolve my issue I connected everything to another TV. After a couple of days of use  it has so far worked perfectly.  

Thanks for your reply and update, RS6avant. Glad to hear it's working perfectly.

Cheers,

Corey C