cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beosound Stage soundbar not supported

jimbo_l
On our wavelength

When I connect my Bang & Olufsen Beosound Stage soundbar via ARC from my TV, the TV 360 box finds it and identifies it as Bang & Olufsen. When I try to pair it though, none of the key tests works, so presumably it’s not supported.

As the TV remote control can control the soundbar’s volume via ARC (as is the norm), why does the TV 360 require me to pair with the soundbar? At the moment I can’t control the volume with the 360 remote, which is a major pain.

My Apple TV and Sky Q remotes work fine, FWIW.

16 REPLIES 16

jimbo_l
On our wavelength

Thanks Dave. It was a good thought but sadly not.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jimbo_l

Thank you for that your response. With the information you have provided we would recommend still reaching out to the manufacture of the soundbar to ensure it is working as it should be but to also ensure that it is compatible with our device.

If you don't wish to do this then we would recommend checking out our gadget rescue service, you can find more information via this link: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/gadget-rescue#:~:text=If%20you%20need%20help%20then,free%20on%20080....

This is a chargeable help service that works to assist with 3rd party devices.

As our agents aren't trained on 3rd party devices they wouldn't be able to diagnose your soundbar for any possible faults.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jimbo_l
On our wavelength

Hi @Paulina_Z

I’ve contacted B & O support, as you suggest. I hope you understand what I mean though about unnecessary pairing of devices connected via ARC and the inability to remove the soundbar from the 360’s pairing settings. Can you please pass this onto your development team (or whoever actually develops the Horizon platform - Liberty Global?). I can elaborate and work with a fellow developer if they are interested. 

jimbo_l
On our wavelength

OK, by accident I’ve discovered a workaround.

If you go into Audio & Video -> Pair remote with devices and accept the first audio setup key test as working (even though it doesn’t), then a new Volume keys control option is displayed under Pair remote with devices. From there I can change it to LG TV and the volume control then works correctly.

thrice
Superfast

I have a Beosound Stage soundbar with my setup. It was installed about 6 months ago and works perfectly. I do not know what settings are used as it was all set up by B&O installers and plumbed in with the TV and V6 box - since upgraded to 360 - by them. I do remember there was an initial sound problem but that was solved by an overnight update to the B&O software requested by the installers. This was done remotely from Denmark. It would be a good idea to check that you are on the latest software version. My software version is 2.2.40830.

jimbo_l
On our wavelength

Interesting. I seem to have 2.4.43389.

iantos
On our wavelength

I have a similar problem. 

My soundbar is a Yamaha YSP 2700. The 360 finds it and after a few tries it pairs. The remote works fine for a while and then fails.

After failing, in the settings menu it shows my soundbar as being a Pioneer. I have no Pioneer equipment whatsoever.

i have rung VM and got nowhere.The soundbar had no issues with the V6 box.