cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beosound Stage soundbar not supported

jimbo_l
On our wavelength

When I connect my Bang & Olufsen Beosound Stage soundbar via ARC from my TV, the TV 360 box finds it and identifies it as Bang & Olufsen. When I try to pair it though, none of the key tests works, so presumably it’s not supported.

As the TV remote control can control the soundbar’s volume via ARC (as is the norm), why does the TV 360 require me to pair with the soundbar? At the moment I can’t control the volume with the 360 remote, which is a major pain.

My Apple TV and Sky Q remotes work fine, FWIW.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

jimbo_l
On our wavelength

OK, by accident I’ve discovered a workaround.

If you go into Audio & Video -> Pair remote with devices and accept the first audio setup key test as working (even though it doesn’t), then a new Volume keys control option is displayed under Pair remote with devices. From there I can change it to LG TV and the volume control then works correctly.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

thrice
Superfast

I have a Beosound Stage soundbar with my setup. It was installed about 6 months ago and works perfectly. I do not know what settings are used as it was all set up by B&O installers and plumbed in with the TV and V6 box - since upgraded to 360 - by them. I do remember there was an initial sound problem but that was solved by an overnight update to the B&O software requested by the installers. This was done remotely from Denmark. It would be a good idea to check that you are on the latest software version. My software version is 2.2.40830.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @jimbo_I

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

Unfortunately we are not able to offer advise with 3rd party devices. Have you reached out to beosound to see if they are able to offer assistance with this?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

jimbo_l
On our wavelength

I’m not sure what you mean. The soundbar is connected via EARC to the television. As such, using the television’s normal remote control to control the soundbar’s volume works fine. In fact, the volume actually also changes ok in the pairing page of the TV 360 when I update it for my LG TV and it performs some tests.

However, the TV 360 also finds the soundbar and insists on trying to pair it before the volume can be controlled. This is against the principal of how ARC volume control should work. I just want to ignore the soundbar that it has found and control the volume via the LG TV pairing, which has worked ok. Other manufacturers can do this, but not Virgin Media, it seems.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @jimbo_l

Do you have any other TV or soundbar you can use to test it on? 

Does the TV360 work okay without the soundbar? Please can you try this for me? 

TV30 is still new and we are rolling out future updates.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

jimbo_l
On our wavelength

To be clear, the issue is just with the volume buttons on the TV 360 remote. The soundbar and 360 function fine, but the 360 remote can't control the soundbar's volume.

I've tried unplugging the soundbar from HDMI and power and factory resetting both the 360 box and its remote, and it's still displaying 'Bang and Olufsen' in the pairing menu as an amplifier which can be paired. I have no idea why. Without the soundbar connected, the LG TV's volume is controlled ok when the 360 box does its pairing test, but subsequently doesn't work, presumably as it still thinks there's an 'amplifier' to pair.

I don't have another TV or sound bar to test it with.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jimbo_l,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue. 

I understand that you do not have another soundbar to test it with. Does the 360 remote work fine with everything else?

If it does, then unfortunately we cannot guarantee 100% compatibility with third party devices and advise you to see guides for your product.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jimbo_l
On our wavelength

Yes it works ok. My point is that the 360 doesn’t need to even try to pair with the soundbar, as the volume could be controlled by the TV’s volume controls only. Unfortunately it’s not possible to ignore the soundbar and opt to use just the TV in the 360’s settings, as I hoped I had made clear.

It also doesn’t seem possible to get the 360 to forget the soundbar once it has found it. I don’t see that either of these issues is a fault in the soundbar.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jimbo_l

Thank you for getting back to me about this! Would you be able to tell me what happens when you try to remove the sound bar? Is there an error that shows up?

Please keep in mind that this is a third party product and in order to confirm that there is no issues with the sound bar, we would advise you contact Bang & Olufsen in order for them to go through further checks that we cannot do, to ensure that there are no issues with the product.

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi jimbo_I

It's a long shot but in the Audio & Video settings does your sound bar show up under the B&O option instead of Bang & Olufsen?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jimbo_l
On our wavelength

I have tried disconnecting the soundbar from the mains and HDMI, and then factory resetting the 360 remote and the 360 itself. A Bang & Olufsen device is still listed in the 360 pairing page even after doing all of this. It doesn’t seem possible to remove the soundbar from the 360’s page once it has found it.

I still don’t understand why you think this is a problem with the soundbar? My Sky Q box and Apple TV are both able to successfully control the volume via the TV’s settings alone.