cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT sport

Daveyj7777
Joining in

I pay for BT sport directly from BT, how do i get Virgin to activate the channels on their box without them charging me for them aswell?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You don't.

If you want to access BT Sport channels on your VM-TV box, you need to subscribe to the channels via your VM TV subscription. If you have a subscription to BT Sport already, that doesn't allow you to access those channels over Virgin's TV service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You don't.

If you want to access BT Sport channels on your VM-TV box, you need to subscribe to the channels via your VM TV subscription. If you have a subscription to BT Sport already, that doesn't allow you to access those channels over Virgin's TV service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Daveyj7777
Joining in

Can anyone help me activate the bt sport channels on my new virgin media 360 box? I already have a subscription directly with BT but have no clue how to link the two to get bt sport on my tv box.

TIA

Actually pal, I have had this done before so I know it can be done, however the virgin engineer set it up for me when he installed in my previous home, this home I am in now had all connections available so I was able to install myself, hence no engineer to help.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Daveyj7777 wrote:

Actually pal, I have had this done before so I know it can be done

I refer you to my previous post, which I stand by 100%

If you have a BT Sport subscription, this allows you access to the BT Sport mobile app. Perhaps you may have been casting from that device to your TV - I have no idea if the app supports that, but it may do.

Then I will refer you to my reply, I know this to be true, I was not casting any device to my tv i was setting us series links through the tv guide and recording UFC and WWE events every week on my virgin tv box to watch at a more sociable hour, so I'll reiterate, I was not casting sir.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to explain which TV bundle you have with Virgin Media.

If you have Maxit TV, that includes BT Sports.

If you have Mixit TV that doesn’t unless you pay to add BT Sports.

There is no legitimate other way.

How rude @Davej777, the information you had been provided was absolutely correct.

The only way you can access BT Sport via Virgin is if you subscribe to it through one of Virgin's packages.

There is however every chance you had a package with Virgin previously which included BT sport, but I agree 100% with advice you were already given.

If you subscribe to BT Sports directly then there is no option to then link this to your Virgin account to view the channels on the 360 box