cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport Ultimate Live Picture Jumping

Bluenose1878
Tuning in

In the past few days, I have noticed that the picture when watching live football on BT Ultimate will jump/skip. The sound is not affected. It's as if it pauses for a millisecond and then resumes. For, the player will pass the ball, the pic will stop and then resume when the ball is with the next player.

It has only just started to happen very recently but I've not changed anything.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

159 REPLIES 159

It’s the same on V6 boxes for a lot of people and Virgin are trying to claim the issue is fixed and it isn’t.

Hi,

Forgot to mention but this also happens when the programme is advertising and there is not actually a live broadcast happening.

For example right now (11:10) there is repeated adverts for the champions league showing and the stuttering and sound drops still happen. 

Thanks 

Have you people on this thread made a proper complaint about this to Virgin as well as posting on here? That might help to force them to take this issue seriously because at the moment they are not it would seem.

I have just rung them on 0345 454 1111 and registered the issue with them, let's see if the issue gets passed on to technical people.

It's a bit of a slog actually getting to speak to someone but you just have to ignore the prompts to give them your mobile number and also don't allow them to reboot your equipment, say that you've already done that and finally you will get through to the queue to speak to someone!

The person I spoke to was very friendly and said he has BT Ultimate channel but has no issues, but he's in London.

He also said that people need to ring in to the number I've given above for it to be noticed as an issue.

I believe the more people who ring in the more chance we have of them taking it seriously.

For us with V6 boxes who had this issue, it is looking good tonight on the live rugby on channel 531 so hopefully it’s the same for you?

Cheers,

Just had a quick look and all appears to be fine at the moment. 

It’s a fair point but I wanted to give them a chance to sort it out before I took it to the complaint stage. 
I haven’t had a chance to check if it’s fixed yet as all that has been playing on that channel when I’ve been home has been Joe Joyce being taught English by Susie Dent!

I watched 10 mins of the Rugby yesterday. It seemed to have sorted itself out. 

Not a rugby fan so fingers crossed it’s sorted for the footy!

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi all,

Thank you for the updates, and additional information you have all provided. We re-raised this issue with our teams, as we did see a recurrence of the issue with distorted video and audio. Whilst our team are still running some additional background checks, it does appear that the issue has been resolved nationally.

Please let us know if this changes, or if you're still having any problems.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi,

The problem is reoccurring again tonight (5th Chelsea v Milan).

The broadcast was fine last night for the Liverpool game but is unwatchable again tonight.

It’s totally ruining being able to watch sport in 4k.