cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport Ultimate Live Picture Jumping

Bluenose1878
Tuning in

In the past few days, I have noticed that the picture when watching live football on BT Ultimate will jump/skip. The sound is not affected. It's as if it pauses for a millisecond and then resumes. For, the player will pass the ball, the pic will stop and then resume when the ball is with the next player.

It has only just started to happen very recently but I've not changed anything.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

159 REPLIES 159

Just looking at this thread. Has this really been going on for a year?  Someone bumped it up after recent occurrence or part of naff forum upgrade?

Schit sound drop outs on atmos again. Man C v Real M.

Virgin are you doing anything?  Replies would be useful rather than silence. No point in phoning to complain to the muppets reading from the crib sheets. 

Similar here, sound dropout with small picture freeze in the first half.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Yorkshirelion, thanks for the post and sorry to hear of the issues with BT back on Wednesday.

This had been resolved within a few hours as far as we're aware, please give us a shout in case you're still encountering problems with your services.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the response but this happens in every BT Sport Ultimate game since I have been with Virgin. Sky sports UHD is flawless but BT Sport Ultimate never gets through a game without issues. 

Hi @Yorkshirelion thanks for your reply here, we can appreciate this is frustrating.

It's unclear if you've tried this or not, but do you have a HDMI cable that's capable of supporting Ultra High Definition content? Sometimes, with lesser capable or cheaper HDMI cables, it can cause issues such as what you're experiencing.

If you can try changing this, please let us know how you get on and if this persists. 

Many thanks

Tom_W

I am with BT and I get sound issues/popping noises/glitchy feed on BT Sport Ultimate through my atmos sound system (this only happens on the ultimate channel.) It is definitely a BT broadcast issue nothing to do with Virgin. 

It’s been horrible so far in the champions league final. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No sound or picture issues here in Teesside

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @Yorkshirelion,

Thank you for you getting back to us here. Did you have a chance to try the things that my colleague suggested in their response to you earlier in this thread?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!