cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport Ultimate Live Picture Jumping

Bluenose1878
Tuning in

In the past few days, I have noticed that the picture when watching live football on BT Ultimate will jump/skip. The sound is not affected. It's as if it pauses for a millisecond and then resumes. For, the player will pass the ball, the pic will stop and then resume when the ball is with the next player.

It has only just started to happen very recently but I've not changed anything.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

159 REPLIES 159

hi,
thanks for that.
my big problem is the audio disappearing intermittently will this fix help that ?

On my V6 box initially when I had an issue with the sound and the picture, to fix the sound I had to go into settings and change it to Dolby Digital asmine was set to  Dolby to PCM. This did fix the sound issue I had but not the picture.

The rewinding by a few seconds thing works. Not the best solution with live sports, especially if you have neighbours. But better than nothing for now.

Was/is it freezing otherwise? Where are you ?

Mine in NG5 has been good regardless now for a few days...

my sound issue tried that, my soundbox works perfect on everything apart BT  ULTIMATE

Dean_C

Hi all, 

We just wanted to provide an update to let you all know that our engineers have now been able to apply a temporary fix for the live picture stuttering issue you have been experiencing, we will be applying the temporary fix over the weekend before each live event on BT Sports Ultimate and will have a permanent fix in place by early next week. 

Thanks again for your patience whilst we completed our investigation. 

Regards,

Dean C
Community Moderator 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's great news @Dean_C 

Thanks for the update.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the update. Reasonable communication goes a long way

So far so good in Nottingham for Forest v Liverpool. 

Picture was ok for todays lunchtime game, however I'm still getting audio drop outs on a random basis. I guess a dozen times during the match itself. Very short breaks in the sound transmission, noticable and confirmed by my amp flashing up the sound scape being recived which it only normally does on choosing the bt ultimate channel, as it's the only channel that currently transmits in dolby atmos. It reverts to dolby dd during ad breaks