cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC1 states APP not accessible

BrianG1
Tuning in

So everytime I try to access BBC1 channel 101 not the iplayer app but the proper channel I get hit 37a0bbed-5ffe-4745-832e-a360fc418c6d.jpg with this on my screen, does anyone else ever get this or does my box need a new flash from virgin???

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you able to use internet-based functions on your TV360?

By that I mean - watching OnDemand programmes, using any streaming app, or accessing your TV box remotely on a mobile device.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Japitts,

yeah everything else works, just in case this has anything to do with it , this is the main box of 3 v360 boxes and this is the only box that has this issue.  The channell will start up when selected but within a minute or two this then pops up on the screen and thats it no more BBC1 .  But yeah everything else works.

Cheers

BrianG1

Did a factory reset and it has cured the issue, obviously an issue with the software upload at start, but all ok now the wife can happily sit an watch her soaps, happy days.

Huckster
On our wavelength

Having same issue with BBC i player, ITVX & Channel 4 all 4.  The factory reset does work, but only until VM processes a software update. I switch my box off overnight to stop the box from being updated. And the next day have no problems and for about 2 weeks had no problems.  But the other day, the box had a software update during the middle of the afternoon and then the i player etc apps stop working.

VM needs to resolve why the software updates are causing these issues.  Otherwise they risk many people gradually just asking for new more up to date boxes, which presumably don't have the same compatibility issues with the software update,

Hi Huckster

Sorry to hear of the service issues experienced with your set top box and apps, we understand the frustration this can cause and appreciate you raising this via the forums.

Can you confirm if you have multiple boxes in the property? If so, does this issue happen across both all of them? We haven't been made aware this is a widespread issue so it may be local and the box itself.

Rob