cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iPlayer logging out

Jon2284
Joining in

The BBC iplayer app keeps logging out every time my box goes into standby. Only had the box 4 weeks. It was working ok at first but started doing this a couple of weeks. So each time I go to launch the iplayer app I have to do the log in code thing on my phone. Not disastrous but a bit annoying. And was working before.. not tested other apps yet 

any ideas ?

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Community elder

Hi Jon2284,

If your 360 is set to eco power setting then try fast start or active start.

Hi there. Same issue in 3 start modes unfortunately. 

Hi KJon2282,

Hmm, can you please confirm if it is the 360 box that you have?

Do you have a secondary box that also keeps signing you out of iPlayer? And also, are you being kicked out of iPlayer on other devices too?

Thanks

Beth

Beth

Hi Beth - thanks for the reply.

Yes, I do have the 360 box.  It is only on the 360 box I have the issue.  On the mini box I don't have the same problem and also using iPlayer on other devices is fine.

Thanks.

Thank you for letting us know @Jon2284

Are you logged out of other apps on the box too such as ITV hub and youtube? Have you also tried rebooting the box to see if it helps? https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-restart-or-reset-your-box#tab2

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks. Yeah I tried rebooting and same issue. And was just BBC iplayer - not other apps. However, just tested again this morning and it appears to be fixed.. who knows whether the issue was Virgin or BBC.. not sure if I’ve had a software upgrade or anything, but i didn’t do anything else different. Shall keep an eye on it but is working for now..

not sure if related but I’ve noticed this morning all my recordings have gone / been deleted. I didn’t have many as new ish box but get the ‘you have no recordings’ msg in the saved menu now.. 

this shouldn’t happen right ?!

Hi @Jon2284.  Thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry to hear you're having ongoing issues with your TV service.  I would like to take a closer look. I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R