cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Upgrade - TiVo V6 to TV360 software ?

Steve1701
Rising star

HI all.

Just a quick query ...

I'm pretty new to the forums and have been participating as well as looking through what other members are posting ... I came across several posts that seemed to say that everyone with a V6 box is to be automatically upgraded to the newer TV360 and would receive a new remote ? ... I found a video giving instructions which included how to access the upgrade:

V6 to 360 upgrade 

Given I haven't heard anything I have been looking around for information before it dawned on me to ask in here lol. In the video it gives instructions but when I checked I don't have the 'Upgrade to Virgin TV360 now' link in Help. Is there any information on this auto-upgrade, please.

Steve 🙂

Steve

Utrinque Paratus
4 REPLIES 4

HI all.

I came across several posts that seemed to say that everyone with a V6 box is to be automatically 'upgraded' to the newer (supposedly better) TV360 and would receive a new remote ? ... I found a video giving instructions that included how to access the upgrade. Given I haven't heard anything I have been looking around for information before it dawned on me to ask in here lol. In the video it gives instructions, but when I checked my 'Help' I don't have the 'Upgrade to Virgin TV360 Now' link. Is there any more information on this so-called auto-upgrade and is it even worth it ?

V6 to 360 upgrade 

Steve 

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Steve1701 wrote:

I came across several posts that seemed to say that everyone with a V6 box is to be automatically upgraded to the newer TV360 and would receive a new remote ?

There is no such swapout at this time.

Migrations from V6 > 360 are completely voluntary, and there is no requirement to convert unless you specifically want to.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Currently it isn't an automatic change.  Customers have the option to switch to the 360 firmware version if they so choose.  It is worth carrying out extensive research before opting for the change so that you are aware of the many differences between the two systems.

There may come a time eventually when all VM TV customers are forced to make the change, but that is some years away (I sincerely hope).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you japitts & Graham_A

Much appreciated 🙂

Steve.

Steve

Utrinque Paratus