cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Play next episode

vorbei
On our wavelength

Hello.  I've just changed over to 360.  I've noticed that when you have a series link and you watch the recordings, auto play next episode is on by default.  I prefer this not to be on but I can't find any way to switch this off.  I've had a good look through the menus and I can't see if this can be done.  

Is there a way to switch off this feature?

Thanks for your help!

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don’t think there is a way to turn this off.

I’ve just got used to pressing right followed by OK to Dismiss the next one if I don’t want to continue watching.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don’t think there is a way to turn this off.

I’ve just got used to pressing right followed by OK to Dismiss the next one if I don’t want to continue watching.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

vorbei
On our wavelength

Thank you for your reply.  The reason why I'd like to switch it off is that when the episodes are recorded from TV, the end isn't always exact. The programme is sometimes still playing when you're prompted for the next episode!

joebloggs
Superfast

Another silly feature that really should have an On/Off section.

If I am sorting something out thats important or away from the TV I don't want it to play all episodes and then have to go though ALL recordings to find out which one was the one I was watching!!!

Autoplay NEEDS to be an option to turn off!

It can be turned off..... if i remember correctly, because i did this back late February... go to your Netflix account online and you can turn it off there...

Account - Profiles - Playback settings - Do not autoplay next episode, Change

I think the OP is referring to tv recordings rather than Netflix 

Ah, I hadn't noticed that...... sorry. Netflix on the brain, seeing that's all we seem to watch!

Noggin1966
Dialled in

Hi - is there an answer for this? So annoying that the only option is to manually press “keep” 

@Noggin1966 wrote:

Hi - is there an answer for this? So annoying that the only option is to manually press “keep” 

If you are talking about the "keep or delete" option, this can be turned off if you go to your saved recordings and select manage storage, put your pin number in and it's the first option you get.

Hello Noggin1966

Thanks for posting your query.

Were you able to follow the steps advised by roy247 and resolve the issue? If not, let us know and we can look into this further for you.

Rob