cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio stops and mouths out of sync

Ghendos
Joining in

Hi I'm a new customer my volume stops then returns distorted then clears and the mouths are out of sync,surely this can be sorted I ss posts from 2016 about this fault .

Not happy 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Worth mentioning all the "work arounds" such as changing the way your equipment is set up shouldn't even be a solution when current setups work with other devices/pre 360 upgrades. It's obviously the 360 software at fault but nobody wants to.fix it. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ghendos wrote:

Hi I'm a new customer my volume stops then returns distorted then clears and the mouths are out of sync,surely this can be sorted I ss posts from 2016 about this fault .

Not happy 

The 360 box wasn't around in 2016.

For Sound issues go to Setting > Audio & Video - try setting Dolby Audio to always convert. You can also try different settings such as follow content or disabled

If you are using a sound bar try connecting the 360 to a TV HDMI port without ARC.
If you are connected to a HDMI ARC connector on the TV try connecting to a non ARC HDMI connector, using ARC has been a problem for some people.

Then if you are using  fibre optic straight from the 360 to your sound bar, set Dolby to Follow Content.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ghensos.

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear you're having sound issues, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Have you tried the advice outlined by newapollo? If not, please do so and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Unfortunately the sound being out of sync is the norm for the 360 software. I'm starting to thing the 360 means 360m/s out of sync. You can play around with the sounds settings to your hearts content and you might get close. But the elephant in the room that the fan boys won't mention is dolby digital is broken. It supposedly being looked at but I'm not holding my breath. 

Worth mentioning all the "work arounds" such as changing the way your equipment is set up shouldn't even be a solution when current setups work with other devices/pre 360 upgrades. It's obviously the 360 software at fault but nobody wants to.fix it. 

HI @jamesredfern thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear of your concerns with the 360 software.  Especially around audio and syncing.  I will raise this with the appropriate teams.  

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks after switching on and off a few settings it seems to have worked. 

Not sure this should have to be done after the provider has supposed to have set the system up.

But appreciate the help .

Thank you for the update Ghendos. 

We're glad to hear this is all working for you now. 

Please do reach out if you have any further issues. 

^Martin

CJTCam
On our wavelength

Can I refer you to the many other topic titles regarding the same problem, particularly 'Audio Sync Problem with 360 Box' with over 6,000 views. The Virgin 360 Box does not support Dolby Audio functionality and to synchronize the sound and picture you have to 'Disable' the Dolby audio. This negates the function of any high quality soundbar. Virgin Media are not acknowledging or responding to complaints regarding this fault, presumably because the commercial implications are major?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

An interesting read on the ziggo forums - you will need to translate it from Dutch to English.

https://community.ziggo.nl/Ziggo-Next-en-Mediabox-audio-set 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali