cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio cutout

IanD684
Tuning in

Over the last two days the audio on BBC 1 has been momentarily cutting out and doing so repeatedly. Could this be a problem with the channel or with my set up. Last weekend we had a new router fitted and moved it to next to the TV. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello all,

Just to let you know, this is a known issue and both Virgin Media and the BBC are currently carrying out an investigation to resolve this as quickly as possible for you all.

We will keep you updated on this thread with any news and updates we have.

Many thanks,
Your Community Moderators

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

47 REPLIES 47

Idris19651
On our wavelength

The same has been happening to us. I have rebooted the box twice, changed the cables and tried different HDMI ports and it is still happening. The strange thing is it is only happening on BBC1 HD 101 all other channels are fine including BBC Wales. Scotland , Northern Ireland and London. This has only been happening since the 4.41 update.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Idris19651  and @IanD684 

It may be a local issue that VM are aware of.

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

MikeyP01
Tuning in

I have exactly the same issue and as per other posts it seems to be just BBC1 HD and has only started the last day or so. Definitely an HD issue as when the local BBC News comes on (which is not HD) there's no issues.  A few years ago I had same problem on some Sky Cinema channels. Engineer came out but couldn't/didn't fix it. Probably needs a few of us to call them to get it logged and looked into.

It is still happening. Also happening on our local news BBC West Midlands , which is also not HD. We are in Coventry. Is there going to be any fix for this soon as it is really annoying ?

Stubill
On our wavelength

I'm getting exactly the same issue on 101 only.

Seems to be at its worst around 6pm them like today at 11pm it's back to normal. Three days now.

One V6 box and one Tivo same issue on both. Checked service status, no errors, checked all connections inside and outside and rebooted both with no resolve.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi all,

Thanks for your posts, and welcome to the Forums for a couple of you!

Sorry to hear you're facing problems with the BBC channel audio. I've ran checks on all of your accounts and there are currently no ongoing issues being identified for the 101 channel. How are things looking since your posts?

Is it also just this individual HD channel, or have you noticed this on any others?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Yes it is only happening on 101 all other channels are fine. During the football yesterday it did all through the whole broadcast. I switched to  BBC London to watch it as it was that bad on 101. I have only just got in from work so i will see how it is now and let you know.

I'm also getting exactly this issue on 101 and BBC West Midlands.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @zerodbs , @IanD684 , @Idris19651 and  @Stubill 

I'm wondering if this is area specific which hasn't been picked up yet by VM.

Approximately  which actual area (not your billing area as these are different) of the country are you in?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali