cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Sync problem with new 360 box

MrUnhappy2
On our wavelength

I have had the new V6 /360 box for 10 days and have problems with the audio synchronisation.

My TV is a 4 year old 50" Sony Bravia with Sony sound bar. When I had the Tivo and the model before it I never had any problems.

The audio is okay with the soundbar off but when using the soundbar the audio drifts after about 5 mins. I have tried Dolby On/Off settings , audio delay set to 20m/sec and follow audio On/Off. All work for 5 mins then drift. 

I have telephoned Virgin on 2 occasions the 2nd time getting through to their 2nd tier support. Went through all the power down re-boot etc  but still the same issues.

Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions?

Thnks

365 REPLIES 365

Is this something to do with the 360 software? I currently have a V6 box and experience no lip sync issues between the box, LG CX TV and Sonos Arc. The Netflix and Amazon apps work fine, but my problem is, no Dolby atmos is passed, I can only get atmos if I use the apps on the TV instead of the virgin box, which is why I started to think about 360 as I assumed this would fix the dolby issue. But by reading the 360 threads, it looks like it might be a backward step and I might just ignore the upgrade and just stick to using the apps on the TV

For me, the Dolby Audio works fine for the apps on the 360 box (Netflix and Amazon Prime) but not for TV channels (or recordings) passed via HDMI ARC.

If it were me, of stock to using the TV's built in apps instead.

I also have an issue where Netflix always shows a black screen after a few seconds of starting any stream. I believe this has been documented elsewhere but never fixed.

Virgin TV 360 + Virgin TV 360 Mini

Gig1 > Hub 4 in Modem Mode > Taotronics Mesh Wi-Fi

@luk34dd0 wrote:

I also have an issue where Netflix always shows a black screen after a few seconds of starting any stream. I believe this has been documented elsewhere but never fixed.

I believe the black screen is caused by the "Match framerate" option on the 360. Try with it turned off.

I'll try that, thanks.

Another option that we should be able to use without issues though.

Virgin TV 360 + Virgin TV 360 Mini

Gig1 > Hub 4 in Modem Mode > Taotronics Mesh Wi-Fi

I have had this also but Im exhausted trying to sort the lip sync let alone another issue. What is going on with Virgin, it used to be a reputable company ?

If only a short blip when changing refresh rate it is unavoidable and isn't necessarily a sign something wrong with the 360. When refresh rate changes your TV will need to sync into that updated refresh rate.  

Suspect it's why on the 360 they fix resolution to a single value..   Someone testing probably decided for themselves they didn't like that blip when switching between one resolution and refresh rate on menus and another on content so set box to output single resolution and rate always to avoid complaints.  They probably didn't understand some people don't mind the blip to get both native resolution and native rates.

----------------------------------------------------------

2020 Tivo-scaling bug (nearly resolved)

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

CJTCam
On our wavelength

Why is it acceptable to follow the stated Virgin resolution by switching of the Dolby (and thereby render any Dolby Audio system useless?).  Virgin Media refuse to acknowledge that there is a problem with the 360 box and continues to falsely claim and promote it supports Dolby 5.1 etc. As stated before, Virgin this is Trades Descriptions Act! 

zippy32
Joining in

Just got 360 box today after cancelling Sky due to an overcharge, what a mistake that was. This is a nightmare.

• Yep. It's absolutely crazy how this can't be fixed especially as we know it's a software issue and not hardware. 

Any update on this Virgin Media?