cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Sync problem with new 360 box

MrUnhappy2
On our wavelength

I have had the new V6 /360 box for 10 days and have problems with the audio synchronisation.

My TV is a 4 year old 50" Sony Bravia with Sony sound bar. When I had the Tivo and the model before it I never had any problems.

The audio is okay with the soundbar off but when using the soundbar the audio drifts after about 5 mins. I have tried Dolby On/Off settings , audio delay set to 20m/sec and follow audio On/Off. All work for 5 mins then drift. 

I have telephoned Virgin on 2 occasions the 2nd time getting through to their 2nd tier support. Went through all the power down re-boot etc  but still the same issues.

Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions?

Thnks

365 REPLIES 365

Please can we have an update on the “open” engineers ticket from Virgin Media - Radio Silence for weeks now

Hi All,

I’ve tweeted @virginmedia about this and would appreciate your RT’s/Comments/Likes to increase visibility of the issue.

I’ve linked the tweet below but if the forum blocks out the link you can find my user @alexh882 and get the tweet from there.

https://twitter.com/alexh882/status/1450789179068125192?s=21

Flogging a dead horse mate.

I have taken to watching Squid Game with the dubbed audio - that way lip sync doesn't matter 😂

is that the only program you could find where the acting was as bad as the lip sync lol

done

Makeitsimple
Tuning in

I too have sound video sync issues (lip-sync), and was hoping after 3 days of messing about I would get some answers here. 

I only upgraded/recontracted 3 weeks ago.  I upgraded to the 360 (from a tivo) and got another box for the back room.  I even bought a new tv, a nice LG Oled at the weekend.  I don't have a sound bar - its just the tv being fed by the 360 box.

Since then I've lost hours and hours trying ever configuration under to no avail.  Sometimes I'm convinced I've fixed through a setting change, only to find changing channel or later things drift again and I'm back with a lip sync issue.  I too believe the video is ahead of the audio, and thus the audio sync tools (both on the 360 box and TV) don't work as they assume the video is behind the audio.

It's doubly annoyed as I'm hard of hearing and lip read all the time (and this makes watching the TV really hard) and please don't get me started on the 1980's style huge subtitles.

If I thought I could, I would cancel my contract in an instant - I feel that let down.

In the vein hope someone has some advice that can help - I have an LGOLED48C1 tv, and a 360 box.  I've tried disable dolby, and it seems to help but not fix and just about every other setting.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I had this issue with another supplier I cured it with one of these HDFury Arcadia pricey but it works.

Should say arcana

CJTCam
On our wavelength

Hi All,

I note that there are several separate Virgin Community communications on this subject under different headings. A recent one was a customer asking whether the Virgin 360 Box supports Dolby Audio surround sound. The Virgin Forum Team reply is copied below and we know it is not correct. Interesting that the Virgin Forum Team do not respond to our string of communications, likely because they know we are not idiots! 

Virgin Forum Team: 

Re: Surround audio

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, creynolds1956,

Yes, the 360 works with surround sound equipment.

Cheers,

Corey C