cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Sync problem with new 360 box

MrUnhappy2
On our wavelength

I have had the new V6 /360 box for 10 days and have problems with the audio synchronisation.

My TV is a 4 year old 50" Sony Bravia with Sony sound bar. When I had the Tivo and the model before it I never had any problems.

The audio is okay with the soundbar off but when using the soundbar the audio drifts after about 5 mins. I have tried Dolby On/Off settings , audio delay set to 20m/sec and follow audio On/Off. All work for 5 mins then drift. 

I have telephoned Virgin on 2 occasions the 2nd time getting through to their 2nd tier support. Went through all the power down re-boot etc  but still the same issues.

Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions?

Thnks

365 REPLIES 365

CJTCam
On our wavelength

Hi NeilG10,

Interesting update! Just to check, I too thought the new Virgin Audio 5.1 option had resolved my Virgin Media Audi Sync problem only to be told by others on this forum (and later confirmed myself) that this new setting simply converts the Dolby 5.1 surround sound back to basic 1960's two speaker stereo. Clearly your Bose soundbar will be awesome but not necessarily 5.1?? Sorry if I have got this wrong but having been so let down by Virgin Media's persistent refusal to address this fault I have a suspicious mind 🙂

@CJTCam wrote:

Hi NeilG10,

Interesting update! Just to check, I too thought the new Virgin Audio 5.1 option had resolved my Virgin Media Audi Sync problem only to be told by others on this forum (and later confirmed myself) that this new setting simply converts the Dolby 5.1 surround sound back to basic 1960's two speaker stereo. Clearly your Bose soundbar will be awesome but not necessarily 5.1?? Sorry if I have got this wrong but having been so let down by Virgin Media's persistent refusal to address this fault I have a suspicious mind 🙂

Im pretty sure the Bose doesnt support 5.1pcm, so maybe just down mixing to 2.0pcm.

NeilG10
On our wavelength

That’s a bit worrying, are you saying 4K movies, Dolby Atmos etc streamed  through Netflix or Prime will only be in stereo?

@NeilG10 wrote:

That’s a bit worrying, are you saying 4K movies, Dolby Atmos etc streamed  through Netflix or Prime will only be in stereo?

Possibly. When I set my 360box to 5.1pcm I only get 2.0. Does the Bose tell you what it's receiving?

You need 'Follow Content' for any bitstream audio like Atmos where it's available on content.

CJTCam
On our wavelength

Yes i agree 'Follow Content' will give Dolby 5.1 as long as you don't mind a delay between the action and sound.

Else you are stuck with old 2.0 feeding and a very smart sound system. 

Virgin Media forum moderators, we know you read this so why not contribute and tell us the precise functionality. Ahh I remember why not; is it because it would be admision of breaching the Trades Descriptions Act? I'm amazed Virgin haven't threatened to sue me 🙂

fwilson84
On our wavelength

For the likes of Netflix, that uses follow content no matter what you have selected so there will always be a delay. I have to use a Firestick to for Netflix

NeilG10
On our wavelength

My Bose system doesn’t say what sound format it’s receiving but I set ‘follow content’  on the v360 and just played a few 4K movies via Netflix and Prime.  My system includes the Bose 900 Soundbar, sub and rear speakers and lip sync was fine, played Blade Runner 2049 and the sound seemed no different to the Blu-ray disk version I have, the sub was seriously shaking the floor just as it should.  As I said earlier, GB news was initially miles out with the lip sync but is fine now, no idea what’s happened to correct it, just reporting how it is. 

@NeilG10 wrote:

My Bose system doesn’t say what sound format it’s receiving but I set ‘follow content’  on the v360 and just played a few 4K movies via Netflix and Prime.  My system includes the Bose 900 Soundbar, sub and rear speakers and lip sync was fine, played Blade Runner 2049 and the sound seemed no different to the Blu-ray disk version I have, the sub was seriously shaking the floor just as it should.  As I said earlier, GB news was initially miles out with the lip sync but is fine now, no idea what’s happened to correct it, just reporting how it is. 

Mine is fine with the apps too. It's any dolby on live tv where mine goes out of sync. 

roy247
Community elder

@NeilG10 wrote:

My Bose system doesn’t say what sound format it’s receiving but I set ‘follow content’  on the v360 and just played a few 4K movies via Netflix and Prime.  ....

Your Sony TV might tell you what the audio format you are receiving is, my LG TV does using the LG smart remote.