cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Sync problem with new 360 box

MrUnhappy2
On our wavelength

I have had the new V6 /360 box for 10 days and have problems with the audio synchronisation.

My TV is a 4 year old 50" Sony Bravia with Sony sound bar. When I had the Tivo and the model before it I never had any problems.

The audio is okay with the soundbar off but when using the soundbar the audio drifts after about 5 mins. I have tried Dolby On/Off settings , audio delay set to 20m/sec and follow audio On/Off. All work for 5 mins then drift. 

I have telephoned Virgin on 2 occasions the 2nd time getting through to their 2nd tier support. Went through all the power down re-boot etc  but still the same issues.

Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions?

Thnks

365 REPLIES 365

CJTCam
On our wavelength

Disabling Dolby Audio on the 360 Box is not a solution; it is a direct admission that it does not support Dolby Audio and that any quality soundbar is therefore redundant. Despite this, Virgin are still knowingly promoting the 360 as supporting Dolby 5.1 to prospective new customers.  Virgin Team - this appears to be a breach of the Trades Description Act?

Gabnum
On our wavelength

Your correct and it didn’t work. So not a solution. 

fwilson84
On our wavelength

So in addition to the sync issues with Dolby that I’ve had ever since getting the box and the odd issue with sync on certain channels even with Dolby switched off, over the past few days I seem to be getting sync issues on every channel even with Dolby switched off. 

I’m fed up with this box between this and the bizarre way it seems to store recordings. Give me the V6 any day over this!

Tried again yesterday to request a roll back to V6. Same ol same ol do this do that, saying that it cant be the box because I have a signal, refusing to view this thread and then closing the ticket as resolved. 

I'm waiting a week then complaining to Ofcom, trading standards and the media.

I don't think my request is unreasonable to be reverted to V6 since 360 does not work as advertised.

I can understand why Virgin are near the bottom on trustpilot !

I'm also experiencing the same issue using LG C1 to which I've recently upgraded. Interestingly, I didn't have this issue using the v360 box and my old Panasonic LCD TV. Setup otherwise exactly the same..

MikeDee1
Tuning in

Well at least Virgin have just put their prices up so anyone wanting to leave whilst still in contract can do so without penalty. Unfortunately I can't do that as currently only Virgin provide fibre to my house.

crypticc
Fibre optic

HI

I've just received shiny new 360 mini box and was missing a remote to update my V6 box to 360 so googling for whether the v6 box will work as 360 on old remote (I think not)

But anyhow - I stumbled into this thread while googling.

I don't have soundbar - I use Amp as follows : 

Virgin box > Amp (passthrough) > TV

Am I likely to see these issues?  Or is it only ARC via TV as follows that gives issues.

Virgin box > TV > (ARC) > Amp / soundbar

Thanks

Chris

----------------------------------------------------------

2020 Tivo-scaling bug (nearly resolved)

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

crypticc
Fibre optic

incidentally

if the issue is only when going via ARC:  Virgin > TV > (ARC) > Soundbar :  and if the issue is TV advanced too much compared to sound, then one workaround that might work is to turn ON image processing on the TV (and then set the amount of processing down to as little as you need).

e.g. turning on image scene select, sport, cinema, or any of those other interpolation modes typically insert 20ms+ or as much as half second of delay depending on your tele.

Kind regards

Chris

----------------------------------------------------------

2020 Tivo-scaling bug (nearly resolved)

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

Just a message to say I have the same issue, connecting a Dolby Atmos soundbar to my tv via e-arc HDMI caused delayed audio when watching something on my virgin 360 box, making it unwatchable.

Turning the Dolby output off on the 360 box has fixed it...not an ideal solution (would prefer to have dolby sound given my soundbar supports it, but at least the sound is now in sync and still better through my soundbar than compared to my TV speakers)

Yes, basically the box can't do Dolby Audio. The option should probably be removed.

Virgin TV 360 + Virgin TV 360 Mini

Gig1 > Hub 4 in Modem Mode > Taotronics Mesh Wi-Fi