cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Sync problem with new 360 box

MrUnhappy2
On our wavelength

I have had the new V6 /360 box for 10 days and have problems with the audio synchronisation.

My TV is a 4 year old 50" Sony Bravia with Sony sound bar. When I had the Tivo and the model before it I never had any problems.

The audio is okay with the soundbar off but when using the soundbar the audio drifts after about 5 mins. I have tried Dolby On/Off settings , audio delay set to 20m/sec and follow audio On/Off. All work for 5 mins then drift. 

I have telephoned Virgin on 2 occasions the 2nd time getting through to their 2nd tier support. Went through all the power down re-boot etc  but still the same issues.

Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions?

Thnks

365 REPLIES 365

NickDon89
On our wavelength

I think the first time I posted in this thread was in June, last time the Virgin forum team responded was back in August/September when they told us all they had an open ticket and it was being escalated.. Four weeks has gone by since we received an email asking to confirm the set up we had from Virgin media… Any chance of an update from the Virgin team?

Gabnum
On our wavelength

Hi I have disconnected HDMI arc cable from Tv to sound bar and just connected the optical cable works ok for sound no lipsync  but sound bar has to be switched on or off via sound bar remote. It’s not ideal Virginmedia should sort it out but I’m not holding my breath  Hope this helps. 

I have excatly the same issue , sound goes , picture stays and sound returns in a minute or two distorted for a few more seconds (30) then returns to normal.

Is there a fix for this? I installed 350 box 2 weeks ago, have tried every combination of wire/ port and can't solve this bug. HELP!!

Only problem I have is audio sync not had a problem with picture sorry.   Called Virgin Friday afternoon and answered strait away that was a shock.  Sorted another problem I had, advised to sort out audio issue but that didn’t work but very helpful give them a try. 

Robert969
On our wavelength

I've given up and have packed my soundbar away for now. It ridiculous how long they've been dragging this issue out for. The wife's happy as there's more space for Xmas decorations now 😂

In short...the problem with sound disappearing and coming in again distorted either was not the same or VM didn't fix it?

Gabnum
On our wavelength

I phoned Virgin Friday and got through strait away. 
He told me to go to settings, Audio/ Video, Dolby Audio  and tick disabled. It worked  for about 5 mins  then just lipsync. I just use optical cable now. 

Robert969
On our wavelength

Even of that did solve the lip sync issue how can they claim disabling dolby audio is the fix. You should be able to use all features especially audio features with a soundbar

Gabnum
On our wavelength

Exactly,not what we paid for but stuck in a contract they have us by the short and curlys. It better than TV speakers at the moment. I’m stuck till may if it’s not sorted by then I’m off.
Openreah and Vodaphone have laid new fiber cables  so competition for fast broadband at last. 

Likewise had sound and video issues, never had a single issue with V 'upgradded" to 360 nothing but problems, had box exchanged finally Friday still same issues. If I bypass Virgin box and use smart TV no issues whatsoever.

Escalating to get a V6 box back or we are off......