cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Sync problem with new 360 box

MrUnhappy2
On our wavelength

I have had the new V6 /360 box for 10 days and have problems with the audio synchronisation.

My TV is a 4 year old 50" Sony Bravia with Sony sound bar. When I had the Tivo and the model before it I never had any problems.

The audio is okay with the soundbar off but when using the soundbar the audio drifts after about 5 mins. I have tried Dolby On/Off settings , audio delay set to 20m/sec and follow audio On/Off. All work for 5 mins then drift. 

I have telephoned Virgin on 2 occasions the 2nd time getting through to their 2nd tier support. Went through all the power down re-boot etc  but still the same issues.

Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions?

Thnks

365 REPLIES 365

ROBCALLY
On our wavelength

Thanks CJTCam please keep us all informed and thanks again and hopefully we get this sorted or get out of our contracts.

KevWW
On our wavelength

Just wanting to thank everyone for your advice and efforts with this problem.

I've previously posted how I work around this using a digital optical cable, and how I have to re configure if I want to watch apps on my smart tv that aren't available on 360, eg Disney +

Today I want to add, for the record, that BT Sports Ultimate, which is 4K, has recently lost its sound completely. No re configuring I've tried works. I've done the reboot, I work in IT and spend all day doing this kind of stuff.

I've now switched off my soundbar and am just using my tv for sound.

As with many others, several hundred quids worth of equipment just gathering dust.

I always try to sympathise with the Contact Centre staff, I know how difficult the job can be when you're not given the information you need to advise customers properly.

My gripe is with the Management team and the Developers.

Peace all.

Kev.

NickDon89
On our wavelength

Hi All,

Do you reckon it’s worth sending a copy of this thread to the CEO, informing him how many people are having to live with sync issues from the Virgin box we are all paying for?

hopefully if he receives enough, his PA might take notice and let him know.. 

Still no updates from the Virgin team on this open engineers ticket!!

Cheers,

Nick

[MOD EDIT: Email address removed]

I have already tried NickDon89, well over a month ago but I didnt get a reply, no harm in trying though. Personally I think the media is a better bet.

Or at least social media? I was really surprised to not find any kind of uproar on this on Twitter, given the scale of the problem?

Looks like they have the same sync problems on the Ziggo community website as well, also the same answers.

CJTCam
On our wavelength

Just to clarify 'dedge 10': turning the 360 off and on again does not re-sync the audio. You have to set the 360 box Dolby Audio setting to 'Disabled' to synchronize the sound. As stated before this means the Dolby audio functionality required for a high quality soundbar does not work.

In my case it works by pressing off on the remote and back on, not full reboot (quick start ). I do Not have a sound bar, 

It gets out of sync even when just using TV not just using the YAMAHA RX-V585 

fwilson84
On our wavelength

I’m now getting random channels that have no sound at all.

KevWW
On our wavelength

When I got no sound on BT Sport Ultimate, I stumbled upon this work around.

I'm not saying it's acceptable, or that anyone should spend time trying it, it may lead to more frustration 🙂

I started recording the match on BT Sport Ultimate, and played it back while it was recording, the recording also had no sound.

I cancelled and deleted the recording, then switched back to live tv, I was intending to switch channels back to BT Sport in HD to continue watching the match.

But the sound had come back on BT Sport Ultimate. I dare say if live tv wasn't already on the correct BT Sport Ultimate channel, I wouldn't have bothered switching back to it to check. I had already switched between BT Sport HD and Ultimate many times before recording with no effect.

I've not repeated this exercise, it took me a while to remember what I did - I'm getting on a bit 🙂

I'm documenting it here to aid my memory as well as offering something that may work for some of the Community.