cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Sync problem with new 360 box

MrUnhappy2
On our wavelength

I have had the new V6 /360 box for 10 days and have problems with the audio synchronisation.

My TV is a 4 year old 50" Sony Bravia with Sony sound bar. When I had the Tivo and the model before it I never had any problems.

The audio is okay with the soundbar off but when using the soundbar the audio drifts after about 5 mins. I have tried Dolby On/Off settings , audio delay set to 20m/sec and follow audio On/Off. All work for 5 mins then drift. 

I have telephoned Virgin on 2 occasions the 2nd time getting through to their 2nd tier support. Went through all the power down re-boot etc  but still the same issues.

Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions?

Thnks

365 REPLIES 365

CJTCam
On our wavelength

I have attempted to raise a formal complaint with Virgin as they are knowingly selling a product that does not deliver the claimed specification. After five points of contact with complaints department they are responding with standard pre-set scripts and each time closing the complaint logged as 'resolved'. There has been absolutely no effort by Virgin Complaints to investigate or address the actual content of my complaint. I will be escalating this until such time as Virgin give an accurate and truthful response and offer a satisfactory resolution.

Tommo881
On our wavelength

The Virgin Media CEO is Mr Lutz Schüler 

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/leadership/
https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9632

His email:

deleted@virginmedia.co.uk

It can often make a difference writing a polite concise email to a CEO about the problem when all other avenues have been exhausted, listing specific names of Virginmedia staff that you've been fobbed off by dealt with.

I intend to, so if others do as well it might bring it to the attention of the appropriate people.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

If this is a known issue by mass number of people then there is an inherent fault with the 360 box. Easiest method is go down the 3 letter legal method and demand a change of contract or termination. Virgin with have to comply to your request as the can’t afford a legal ruling against them. 

Still no resolution? My soundbar has been off for 6 months.

You absolute jokers!

I'm experiencing the same sync problem. I switched from Sky to Virgin Media last week. 360 box was installed on Monday. The sound has been going out of sync constantly, it makes it unwatchable. My 360 box is connected directly to my Samsung QLED TV via HDMI lead. I've tried adjusting the sync in the 360 box but it doesn't work. If anything, it seems to need to go into negative numbers which we cannot do. I'm very disappointed. If it's not fixed quickly, I'll be looking to cancel my contract and going back to Sky. 

CJTCam
On our wavelength

I have made multiple representation but Virgin Complaints Team have refused to consider or investigate this fault. The responses on this forum provide all the evidence required (that they are failing to deliver Dolby Audio functionality) and I will now escalate my complaint to the Ombudsman.

Keep us in the loop of what happens CAM. I’m moving house in a few weeks so will switch to Sky.

Jboss87
On our wavelength

Is there a summary of what’s causing this, or allegedly causing it?

I dropped the TV package back when it was the V6 as Wolves were no longer in Europe. I had spotted some lip sync issues, particularly on BT Sport Ultimate (4K).

signed back up earlier this year and it’s now the 360 version of the box. Same issue on the 4K channel.

AvaAdore
On our wavelength

The main problem is that the 360 software inappropriately and incorrectly upscales/downscales content, even on "automatic" mode.

For example if you watch a film that is broadcast in 1080i/1080p the set-top box upscales it to 4K and sends a 4K signal to a 4K TV instead of leaving it alone. This scaling introduces audio sync issues. The issues would be largely resolved if Virgin Media would simply issue a software update to the 360 box that made automatic mode pass the content to your TV in whatever resolution it was broadcast and let the TV handle it.

This has been pointed out quite a few times to Virgin Media on this thread and it's mind-boggling that they have not yet issued a simple fix to an obvious and stupid bug.

CJTCam
On our wavelength

Thank you for such a succinct and clear description of the problem. Unfortunately Virgin Media are in denial: their complaints department say they are not able to investigate the complaint and refer you to the technical team who say they are unable to address the fault. Virgin Complaints Team refuse to acknowledge or address the complaint and refuse to acknowledge complaint 'Deadlock' which is require before the Ombudsman will arbitrate. Personally, I feel aggrieved that I am locked into a contract, paying setup costs and full price for a service that lacks claimed functionality where I have to disable the Dolby Audio.