cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Sync problem with new 360 box

MrUnhappy2
On our wavelength

I have had the new V6 /360 box for 10 days and have problems with the audio synchronisation.

My TV is a 4 year old 50" Sony Bravia with Sony sound bar. When I had the Tivo and the model before it I never had any problems.

The audio is okay with the soundbar off but when using the soundbar the audio drifts after about 5 mins. I have tried Dolby On/Off settings , audio delay set to 20m/sec and follow audio On/Off. All work for 5 mins then drift. 

I have telephoned Virgin on 2 occasions the 2nd time getting through to their 2nd tier support. Went through all the power down re-boot etc  but still the same issues.

Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions?

Thnks

365 REPLIES 365

CJTCam
On our wavelength

I am sure Virgin Media are already aware that this problem occurs with all soundbar makes and models. Virgin stating to contact the soundbar manufacturers is to deflect and delay from the real problem that Virgin TV 360 sound can not deliver Dolby functionality when connected to a quality soundbar.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @CTJCam

I'm really sorry to hear you feel this way about us. I understand it is not ideal at all to have to use workarounds and that there hasn't been an update on the soundbar issue yet.

Please bear with us and we will keep you updated as soon as we have any further information.

Kind regards,

Serena

Lip sync issues… 360 just connected to tv . I’ve turned on matching frame rate AND turned off Dolby Audio. Doesn’t fix the issue.

Hi TALON1973,

some people have said that not using the automatic video resolution setting has cured the problem try setting it to 1080 or 4K depending on your TV.

Roy

Edited to say if you are using the HDMI-ARC connector try using a non ARC HDMI connector.

jharris1981
Joining in

Just wanted to add my name to the ever growing list! I have a Sonos beam connected over HDMI and lip sync is awful, I've tried various workarounds but no joy. If I go into the 360 settings and set the audio delay to 0ms it's pretty close to being in sync, but it doesn't stay like that for long.

Also, could someone remove the "solution" from the post please? It's really misleading, this issue is not fixed!

Hi All

I have set the audio setting on to "follow content" in Dolby setting and the audio sync seems to be ok for now but time will tell.

Not working for me 😞

longitude
On our wavelength

I upgraded to 360 yesterday before reading this thread and I immediately experienced lip sync problems . What a mistake. I am truly amazed this has been going on since last November and there is still no resolution. I'm fortunate my setup is very basic i.e. no sound bar, no 5.1 amp so I resolved the issue by disabling DOLBY processing and all seems to be fine now, but I understand everyones frustration. Come on Virgin Media this is damaging your reputation.

Seeing as this is a problem with the software upgrade to 360 (I joined in April so 360 and the sync issue is all I know) Virginmedia should allow customers to roll back the upgrade to the previous 'working' version so we can enjoy watching TV until the problem has been resolved. Although this would mean Virginmedia having to admit problems with 360 - come on Virginmedia just admit it and let us have a decent TV viewing experience until you’ve fixed it.

CJTCam
On our wavelength

Thanks for your reply, assuming that you are using a Virgin 360 Box, Dolby enabled sound bar and ARC connection (where no resolution has been found or suggested by Virgin) you may find that the audio synchronisation problem varies by channel?