cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Sync problem with new 360 box

MrUnhappy2
On our wavelength

I have had the new V6 /360 box for 10 days and have problems with the audio synchronisation.

My TV is a 4 year old 50" Sony Bravia with Sony sound bar. When I had the Tivo and the model before it I never had any problems.

The audio is okay with the soundbar off but when using the soundbar the audio drifts after about 5 mins. I have tried Dolby On/Off settings , audio delay set to 20m/sec and follow audio On/Off. All work for 5 mins then drift. 

I have telephoned Virgin on 2 occasions the 2nd time getting through to their 2nd tier support. Went through all the power down re-boot etc  but still the same issues.

Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions?

Thnks

365 REPLIES 365

tafrock
Superfast

Doesn't the digital optical from 360 direct to soundbar provide a suitable workaround then. I did that around December last year and the audio sync hasnt been a problem since. Yes I know you shouldn't have to do it but it works for me

NickDon89
On our wavelength

Not every one can do that without having cabling across the room… Generally it’s because of the eARC and the 360 box not syncing but we unfortunately installed everything in to the walls and didn’t put in a optical cable at the time! 

Same here all my cables are buried in the chimney also you lose a lot of functions for example I can be watching something using my Chromecast or fire stick but then have audio from whatever channel the 360 box is on. (I have a optical cable from 360 to sound bar) I could route the cable from tv to sound bar but that requires a big effort to get in the chimney.

Its just not on, everything was fine in the good old days of V6 but this upgrade has ruined my virgin experience.

Sadly I'm sure a fix is simple if only Virgin treated the problem with some respect and urgency. It feels a bit like the story of David and Goliath !

Hi all, 

Thanks for your patience on this one. We understand the frustrations and can assure you, our engineering team are aware of this and are working on it.
Although not everyone will benefit, nor is it ideal, there are workarounds offered in this thread in the meantime. Some of these are: 

• Turn off Audio Description if you are able to watch without it.
  • Try using trick play (stop, rewind, fast forward) which can put things back in sync.
  • For linear TV, try tuning to another channel and back again.
  • For some customers disabling Dolby Audio may help.

As soon as we have any update on this, we will of course let you know. 

Apologies once again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ROBCALLY
On our wavelength

So There is no date when a fix is coming then.

I called up last week and was told that there was an update that would be pushed to me in the coming days (obviously it hasn’t), was that a lie then? It feels as it was, even did at the time but gave the benefit of the doubt… but now the official Virgin Media line is, can’t do anything and the only way you can put a plaster over it is to degrade your experience then I am really concerned. Will ask again, can we back out this update revert back to the original version? Or am I to switch to Sky when I move house next month?

dedge10
Tuning in

Same here

Just had my 360 box about a week. 

Using Yamaha AV receiver to 2020 sony TV. 

360 connected to av amp via arc

No issues before virgin 360.

Robert969
On our wavelength

I take it that as this is a known long term issue virgin are informing everyone that this could be an issue before people take out the 360 package

No they aren’t Robert. I took the upgrade last week and wasn’t informed.

I figured that. It was more of a dig at the company for suggesting we all use stupid workarounds and make compromises because of their faulty software yet they arent being honest and telling people about the possible issues before they upgrade despite the fact its being almost a year now