cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Sync problem with new 360 box

MrUnhappy2
On our wavelength

I have had the new V6 /360 box for 10 days and have problems with the audio synchronisation.

My TV is a 4 year old 50" Sony Bravia with Sony sound bar. When I had the Tivo and the model before it I never had any problems.

The audio is okay with the soundbar off but when using the soundbar the audio drifts after about 5 mins. I have tried Dolby On/Off settings , audio delay set to 20m/sec and follow audio On/Off. All work for 5 mins then drift. 

I have telephoned Virgin on 2 occasions the 2nd time getting through to their 2nd tier support. Went through all the power down re-boot etc  but still the same issues.

Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions?

Thnks

365 REPLIES 365

Hi Tommo881,

There will be a update once this has been fixed however we answer all posts as they come through.

Regards

Paul.

Tommo881
On our wavelength

Just scrolling back through all the comments here and there is a big lack of Virginmeda answers Paul.

Hi Tommo881,

I can only advised that this is with the I T team with a SLA of tomorrow, all fix dates are estimated and can change, we will update the community once we have been advised this is fixed.

Regards

Paul.

Robert969
On our wavelength

So this has been raised since Nov last year and now suddenly its an estimate fix date of tomorrow lol. I'm sorry but I'm not holding my breath. 

NickDon89
On our wavelength

Looking forward to tomorrow’s fix.

It’s working pretty well with Dolby turned off the 360 box if that helps at all.

have a good evening

DarkLord1
On our wavelength

I shouldn't have had to buy a new soundbar and nobody has answered about an update to fix the problem from Virgins end. Leicesterfan still wants an update and I wouldn't mind hearing what is being done. Is there any news then?

DarkLord1
On our wavelength

Ha ha ha. I'll believe that when I see it(probably out of sync)!

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi all,

The team are aiming to have this resolved and the SLA still stands as today. Any updates will be communicated.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

DarkLord1
On our wavelength

Wow! No updates!

"The reference for this is: F009175618"

Does the F stand for fault or fictional or fantasy just to make people think something is being done.

As all the updates seem to originate from Holland or at least get launched there first do they not have a problem or have they all been down to the famous coffee shops before they watch TV.

If there is a "fix" downloaded will it be a 4.3x so people will know they have received it or just some random overnight download.

For myself I don't currently have a problem because I have the option to go 360 >> Sony Amp >> TV but did have a problem when I first received 360.

So many people have complained about this on different threads I can't believe how long it has taken Virgin to sort of admit it's a problem, whether its the forum team not originally taking this as a serious problem or just ignoring it and recently suggesting it's all down to third party equipment is unbelievable but then most of the time the forum team only seem happy to post on threads that have been already resolved, or they post something when they obviously haven't read the full thread.

Just my opinion.