cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Sync problem with new 360 box

MrUnhappy2
On our wavelength

I have had the new V6 /360 box for 10 days and have problems with the audio synchronisation.

My TV is a 4 year old 50" Sony Bravia with Sony sound bar. When I had the Tivo and the model before it I never had any problems.

The audio is okay with the soundbar off but when using the soundbar the audio drifts after about 5 mins. I have tried Dolby On/Off settings , audio delay set to 20m/sec and follow audio On/Off. All work for 5 mins then drift. 

I have telephoned Virgin on 2 occasions the 2nd time getting through to their 2nd tier support. Went through all the power down re-boot etc  but still the same issues.

Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions?

Thnks

365 REPLIES 365

Masq
Tuning in

I also have this audio sync issue with my 360 box and my sound bar. It's very distracting once you notice. I have never experienced this when using BT TV or any of my other connected devices to the TV.

I have attempted to disable dolby audio, restarted the box and that does not resolve it. I note there is an option to delay the audio but the problem is the audio can only be delayed and not moved back earlier in order to sync up with the picture. 

A restart of the sound bar sometimes helps to reduce the delay of the audio sync but still very noticeable. Hopefully VM will do something to resolve this at some point as it looks like i'm not the only one encountering this issue. 

Hi Masq, 

Thanks for your post. I can confirm that as per Akua's post earlier, this has been raised as a know issue. 

The reference for this is: F009175618

Checking the ticket I can see it has gone to the relevant team however there is no estimated fix time currently. 

Once we have an update, we will let you know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

NickDon89
On our wavelength

Starting off with the service from Virgin Media following this thread has not been good at all. So many members have pointed out what is quite an obvious solution to this sync issue. This thread has been live for 10months! 

I received my Virgin media package two weeks ago and have hardly watched it, the audio is so bad.

i have exactly the same sync issue.

I have a brand spanking new LG GX TV with matching soundbar, which plays audio in perfect sync from the TV apps, DVD player, Fire stick… what it Doesn’t do is sync audio from the Virgin 360 box I’ve just signed up to for 18 months. 

Reading through the workarounds in the thread.. I do not have an optical audio option as everything is wired in to my walls and floor ready for Virgin and new TV set up and I really don’t want to have to bash out the wall again to install one.

It’s clear a lot of Users believe this to be an upscaling issue playing through ARC connected soundbars.. Surely this could be a quick fix? At least try it out? 

As previously mentioned, no sync issues with other devices, which surely points directly at a software/hardware problem with the 360 box.

I would very much like to watch TV through my new box soon without having to see lips moving out of sync to audio.. 

Kind regards,

Nick

I would agree with your comment about the customer services, We have also had this audio sync issue since we upgraded to 360. A week later we also lost access to Netflix. Live help and the help line were hopeless, They promised an engineer would call but nobody ever did so I emailed the CEO. Still waiting for a reply of course. We managed to fix the Netflix issue by doing a factory reset but since it happened within just 1 week Im worried it will happen again.

To add insult to injury I have received an email saying the case is closed since they have resolved it ! Oh well I guess its the press next then ?

Just to keep this thread on topic and not about the last post about general Virginmedia customer service, a reminder that we are here wanting to resolve the audio sync problem that we are having using a TV, a sound bar and the 360 box.

It seems though Virginmedia have finally admitted it's a problem on their part and have raised a ticket (ref: F009175618) to resolve it.

However, if you are reading this because you are experiencing the same problem and whether you are a new or an existing customer that is experiencing the same dire problem, please add your comment here too. Don't just read our comments, add yours. It's been ignored and denied for far too long.

Hoggie
Fibre optic

Well had a fiddle about with the audio delay settings and 40ms  seems to have fixed it for now.

Used BBC News, Channel 601 then went through the top five channels  BBC1, ITV, BBC2, CH4, and CH5.

All seems fine for now, will see what happens after a reboot just to see if that upsets it.

Happy Days

Phil.

this post may contain nuts 😉

Fiddling with audio delay settings works for me... for about 10 seconds, it then slowly drifts out again. So incredibly frustrating!

Audio delay only works for me if I turn off all the extra sound features on both the virgin box and TV. Even then it's slightly out on some channels still

Hi Robert969,

Thank you for coming back to us, I have checked for a update and the estimated fix is Tomorrow 26/07/21.

Regards

Paul.

Tommo881
On our wavelength

I do find it a bit weird when there are specific replies from Virginmedia staff directly to to individual users on here when there are many of us here reporting major problems. How about we all get a general announcement of the problems? It's almost like you don't actually care about us who have already reported problems with your service.