cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Output Issues TV 360

N47HXIV
Joining in

Hello!

I’ve searched these forums far and wide along with the broader internet and only found ‘similar’ issues rather than identical issues.

I’m also only finding solutions that are far from satisfactory.

We’ve had our latest TV360 box for roughly a year now, connected up to our LG C1 65” OLED via HDMI (into one of its numerous HDMI 2.1 ports).

All has always been fine, but tonight upon changing the channel to BT Sport Ultimate to watch the football, the sound has died. What we get is just a constant clicking sound (it sounds like the old wooden rattlers people used to take and spin in the crowd at football games). We get no other audio sound coming through the speakers. (This is how our issue differs from those I’ve read up on, as most others still get the regular audio, but also get white noise mixed in). There’s the odd channel this issue doesn’t affect but 90% of the channels we flick through are affected.

I’ve rebooted the box, I’ve rebooted the TV, I’ve changed HDMI cable. Nothing fixes it besides changing the Audio Output setting from ‘Follow Content’ to one of the two PCM conversion settings.

I however don’t find this to be a satisfactory resolution, firstly because my TV supports all Dolby audio codecs, secondly because it’s worked fine for the last year without issue when on ‘follow content’ and thirdly because the two PCM settings sound like garbage, they’re lacking in bass and sound almost echo like.

Is there a fix to this? Or has something happened to our box? 

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

Hello,

I have a LG C1 and watched the game and had no sound problems, but I do use a soundbar. BUT I always record the football and have checked just using the TV speakers and tried all the sound options and didn't have any problems. What sound options have you got set then I could try your combination, also you said you have seen this on other forums, is it all ways 65" C1's or all C1's I only have a 55" I wouldn't have thought it was size dependent, audio should be the similiar.

If you are only outputing to the tv then use PCM - 5.1 and dolby are only really useful if the tv is output to a 5.1 amp.

Audio settings were changed in the last 360 firmware update.

@roy247 wrote:

Hello,

I have a LG C1 and watched the game and had no sound problems, but I do use a soundbar. BUT I always record the football and have checked just using the TV speakers and tried all the sound options and didn't have any problems. What sound options have you got set then I could try your combination, also you said you have seen this on other forums, is it all ways 65" C1's or all C1's I only have a 55" I wouldn't have thought it was size dependent, audio should be the similiar.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

As mentioned switching to PCM isn’t a satisfactory solution, the TV supports the Dolby codecs so it should work just fine (as it has for the past year). My issues with PCM are firstly you’re adding a layer of audio conversion to the track which is already less than ideal, and secondly the sound quality of the PCM conversion is dreadful, it’s got no bass, it’s completely tinny and hollow sounding, I have to crank the volume up further to hear it clearer and it has an echoey feel to it.

We won’t be outputting through the TV forever, once we move the main TV into our extended living room a soundbar/audio system will be getting utilised.

My issue is it worked just fine previously, if you’re going to issue a software update perhaps issue a fully tested one that doesn’t break the audio. We pay £85 a month for a service we expect to work consistently and to a high standard.

Thanks for the response, I imagine the size of the panel makes little difference, the components across the sizes are the same.

I’ll take a look at the settings and feedback.