cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps

DH5
Joining in

Is anyone else having issues with itv hub or bbc iPlayer through the apps? 
also have you experienced issues with recorded programs disappearing from the saved section? 
customer services are of no help.

7 REPLIES 7

Royalbeech
Superfast

Check your Internet connection, sound like your not seeing the outside world. Also the missing recordings are normally due to the boxes not seeing each other. 

Netflix and prime work fine. 
when you say boxes do you mean the virgin box and router? I’ve only one virgin box 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DH5 wrote:

Is anyone else having issues with itv hub or bbc iPlayer through the apps?

What are the issues you're having?

As has been alluded to from the responses thus far, OnDemand & streaming services use the internet, which your TV360 connects to via your homehub.

But if you explain the issues you're having, we can advise further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Basically the hub doesn’t play anything. It takes forever to load up then once I select a program I get a black screen where nothing happens.

over the past month I’ve lost recorded programs. Anything that is saved disappears, I set up series links and things record then for unknown reason everything disappears 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok.. first thing, what do you mean by "ITV Hub"? It may sound daft, but...

Do you mean the ITV-branded streaming app? Or do you mean OnDemand programmes, accessed directly from your 360's EPG/guide, but are branded as "ITV Hub" It matters because..

Part of the fault-finding here will be to establish whether any internet-based functionality on your 360 works, and OnDemand programmes are one of the easier tests of that.

Sometimes the symptoms of the lead-in adverts playing and/or a black screen, can be caused by an HDCP compatibility issue, although if you're also reporting recordings being deleted I suspect your box may have a fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I just want to watch catch-up programs on bbc and itv. It goes to the itv hub and nothing works. 
Netflix and Amazon prime via the apps work fine. 
guessing the box is knackered. Customer support that I’ve experienced so far is crap and unhelpful. Been with virgin now for 7 months and starting to wish I never switched from sky. Seems the sentence buy cheap buy twice is accurate 

Hello DH5,

Sorry to hear this is happening.

Shall we arrange for an engineer to come out and swap the box over 

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L