Cheets1388
Joining in

Why can I not add Disney+ app on my device

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

@Cheets1388 wrote:

You can't add any apps to Virgin boxes. Only apps that Virgin have agreements with can be added, and they are added automatically.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Cheets1388 wrote:

Virgin's TV boxes don't work like Android or iOS devices where you have an app-store and install whatever apps you want.

All apps on VM TV boxes (whether TiVo, V6 or 360) are pre-installed by VM. Currently there's no agreement between VM & Disney for the Disney+ service.

As and when an agreement is reached, any apps are installed automatically. The same applies to all third party apps, not just Disney+

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for that. Wish I’d have known that before I signed up. Thanks for the response 

Thanks for the response 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Cheets1388 wrote:

Thanks for that. Wish I’d have known that before I signed up. Thanks for the response 

You rent the box, you don't own it. So it remains VMs property & within their "walled garden" as regards anything loaded on it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

If you want the app use a streaming device. I installed and ran the Disney+ app on my Fire TV Stick 4K without a problem.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection