cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps - keep having to sign back in to them

eeelaitch
Tuning in

Does anyone else have a problem with keeping logged into apps? I watch something, then I’m logged out and have to re enter details again? This has happened on Netflix, iPlayer and Disney now a number of times. 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

13 REPLIES 13

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Do you find that that you are logged out when you take the V6 out of standby?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've posted in the V6 forum but mentioned the Disney app, which is only available on TV360.

I've moved your post to the TV360 forum - you're certainly not the first person to report this behaviour on these boxes, but I use a V6 so am unsure what the potential fix is.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Using iPlayer as an example do you have to login again if you come out of iPlayer watch some live TV and then go back to iPlayer without turning the box off or does it only happen when the box has been turned off. If it's when the box has been put into standby make sure it's set to fast start or active start, it has been known if the 360 is set to Eco start or turned off at the plug then you need to sign in again but that's not always case but is a good place to start.

eeelaitch
Tuning in

None of my apps are launching via my box. Any advice please?

Is the 360 connected  to your by Wi-Fi or ethernet cable? Does any on-demand or streaming work.

I would check your network diagnostics, press Home, Settings, Network, Diagnostics.

You should have, Signal Quality Good, and 3 green ticks.

3 green ticks. It says I’m connected by Ethernet so I go into change it to WiFi and go to connection to my wifi network, says signal strength good. When I go back in again it says I’m connected via Ethernet! No apps working, says they’re failing to launch.  

If you want to try a Wi-Fi connection you need to remove the ethernet cable from the 360 box, it detects there is a cable connected and tries to use that connection.

Do get an error number CS????

CS2400 for Netflix. It also keeps saying when I’m just watching bbc1 that BBC launcher isn’t launching for some reason 🤷‍♀️ same error code. I’ve not added any actual cable into the back of my box since swapping to 360. It was all just done via a new remote. 

Try following the help for error code CS2400, although it is fairly basic you might need to give Virgin a call on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

You can also check for faults in your area, click on Check service status top right below your profile or you can login to your My Virgin Media and check your service status at the top right of the page or phone 0800 5610061 for a more localised check.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/tv-error-codes/tv-error-code/cs2400