cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps and recordings on 360

Sirromba
Tuning in

So I upgraded to 360 yesterday ( had v6 box ) I’ve followed all the instructions that came with the new remote control and thought everything was working ok, however apps like Netflix and Disney+ aren’t always loading and when they do I have to keep signing in and then half way through watching something it’ll boot me off and say there’s a problem also my recorded programs keep failing to play ( even when half way through watching they just stop and say there’s a problem ). I’ve rebooted the box which didn’t solve it and I’ve done a factory reset which then lost my recorded programs and my planned recordings. Neither of the things I’ve done have solved the issues and they’re still happening. This is very annoying as I wasn’t having problems before I upgraded the v6 to the 360. Will I need a new box?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Hi Sirromba,

When you did the factory reset did you select the option to keep your recordings or format the hard drive, if it was format the hard drive then that's why you have lost your recordings and planned recordings, if you have selected the keep your recordings and they have been deleted then your box is faulty and it will need a call to Virgin.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

Hi Sirromba,

When you did the factory reset did you select the option to keep your recordings or format the hard drive, if it was format the hard drive then that's why you have lost your recordings and planned recordings, if you have selected the keep your recordings and they have been deleted then your box is faulty and it will need a call to Virgin.

Hi do I lost the recordings and planned recordings when I rebooted the box not when I did factory reset as I’d already lost them by then 

Upgrading the box from V6 to 360 automatically deletes everything so were these recordings and planned recordings after you did the upgrade.

Yes they were what I recorded and planned after I’d upgraded to 360 from v6

Well if you didn't factory reset the box and select the format hard drive option and everything got deleted then it looks like you have a faulty box.

You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning Choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options and then you should be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Thank you it’s just so annoying it’s only happened since the upgrade and was working perfectly fine beforehand 

Some V6 boxes haven't taken to the 360 upgrade as well as others have.