cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else got a Ziggo set-top box instead of Virgin Media?

idkwia
Up to speed

I have/had a Virgin Media TV360 set-top box.

The only way I could get my 2021 LG TV's remote working with the set-top box was to select "Ziggo" from the list of service providers rather than Virgin Media. This genius information was provided on this very forum by #LoneSpeaker and I am eternally grateful because the LG TV remote is far superior to VM's TV360 remote, imho.

Now, whenever my TV and VM360 box display a banner on the screen to tell me I am watching via the set-top box it tells me my provider is Ziggo rather then Virgin Media.

Apparently, Ziggo are the largest cable TV providers in the Netherlands. Maybe VM should let LG know that they use the same boxes in the UK?

4 REPLIES 4

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have a Virgin Media TV 360.

Ziggo is fully owned by Liberty Global.

It is your TV that needs to include Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ernie_C my point is that VM should ensure that LG TVs recognise their set-top boxes or at the very least explain to their customers with LG TVs that they must select Ziggo rather than VM when pairing their TV's remote with the TV360 box.

I would say it is LG's job to ensure LG's list of set-top-boxes is correct. Is is not the provider of every possible set-top-box to ensure that LG is correct.

Would make more sense for LG to allow you to edit the fields.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Maybe you are right, but if I was the CEO of VM I would make sure that all TV manufacturers who supply to the UK included my set-top boxes in their line-up because I would want to make sure that my customers were happy.